1st Round, Pick 24: Lions Select CB Terrion Arnold, Alabama

Eisen: He just picked off a microphone.

1 Like

I went to college with a Lion. That’s pretty cool.

5 Likes

Haha - Bro, at this point, you have to be a lions fan…even I you weren’t already.

1 Like

“It is Arnold’s passion that stick out the most. There is a relentless effort and an in-your-face attitude to everything he does, and that high-energy leadership allows one to overlook his average speed (4.5). He joins Jared Verse on my ‘will take him on any team, any time” list of players.”

According to the consensus big boards at ESPN and Bleacher Report, Arnold is the second-best cornerback in the 2024 draft class. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 3 cornerback in the class.

All three consensus draft boards have Arnold ranked as a top 14 prospect.

Indianapolis Colts Projected to Grab Athletic Standout Cornerback.

SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY

Terrion Arnold emerges from Alabama’s football crucible as a high-caliber cornerback prospect for the NFL Draft. His transition from safety to cornerback showcases not just versatility but a keen aptitude for defensive back play. With a robust blend of size, agility, and decent speed, Arnold fits the prototype of an outside cornerback capable of shutting down opposing receivers. His playstyle is a blend of physicality at the line and fluid coverage skills downfield, making him a nuisance for receivers in man coverage. However, Arnold is not just a one-dimensional player; his improvements in zone coverage highlight a growing football IQ and an ability to adapt to complex defensive schemes. This aspect of his game will be particularly appealing to NFL teams seeking a cornerback who can operate effectively in various defensive setups. As Arnold steps into the professional arena, his ceiling is as intriguing as his current skill set. Teams needing a cornerback who can contribute immediately while still having room to grow will find Arnold’s profile particularly appealing. He enters the NFL Draft with the potential to develop into a cornerstone player in an NFL secondary, combining the physical tools and on-field intelligence that are hallmarks of top-tier defensive backs.

Okudah vibes with the 4.5 though, and playing behind a crazy good d-line.

We shall see

4 Likes
3 Likes

I like the words “ Massive Steal”

6 Likes

I’m not hard to convince. I just didn’t think we needed to give up a 3rd rounder to get a good corner.

I’m going to complain about this all the way until - wait a minute -

1. Branch and Arnold played together at 'Bama.
  2. “Talent, Character, and Chemistry…” are what Dan said make a winning franchise!
  3. Those two guys have all 3 already, he’s going to be an instant impact player!

I’ve changed my mind. Brad is a m@$%ing Genius (still)!

10 Likes

And you are again.

Can’t believe we got him at 24.

But it’s the Den. Won’t be sunshines and rainbows for everyone, which is fine. We just differ on opinion.

2 Likes

Nick Saban is the absolute wizard of DB coaching and he thinks Terrion is a great player and a great person.

6 Likes

I’m absolutely thrilled with this pick. We got the best CB in the entire draft of a strong CB class! And we swiped him in front of the Packers to boot. I never thought that he would be within reach, and I am straight up thrilled!

Napoleon Dynamite Reaction GIF

9 Likes

NFL Comparison

Marshon Lattimore

1 Like

https://x.com/BrianBB_1/status/1783693915394134510

https://x.com/BrianBB_1/status/1783694821384675636
I’m old but I think this means Brian Branch is happy rn

17 Likes

Shit, sorry, didn’t see that post haha

Price was steep. If he is a difference maker and far and away better than the other guys available, nobody will care what we gave up. Time will tell.

4 Likes

Another Bama player… sigh maybe draft from a decent school :joy::joy:

3 Likes

I’ll just point out that last year the Lions took Hooker and Martin in the 3rd - two projects who contributed nothing last year. I am not upset about losing a potential pick like that over a clear CB1.

20 Likes

They could give up a 1st next year… if we’re picking 32, who cares? It’s a low pick brother. We’ll be fine.

2 Likes

Having watched both of them in college significantly…Terrion is a MUCH different player than Okudah.

Kool-Aid and Okudah are MUCH more similar than Okudah and Terrion.

Terrion is much more like Denzel Ward as a player.

3 Likes
2 Likes