#2 Michigan to play #3 Georgia

Who cares? You have Georgia. Enjoy.

I am not even talking about who Michigan plays this year. I am talking about the future. I laid out my reasons why I felt that in the future they should go to 8 teams.

But your so butthurt that Michigan is B1G Champs and in the playoffs you ignored everything I wrote and just focused on Michigan in this years game.

I get it

2 Likes

Theyā€™re student athletes. Expanded playoffs are for paid professionals. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

They got over a hundo against whisky and they have a better run d. Cade will be the key Michiganā€™s defense will be up to the task.

Then we agree.

1 Like

yup

1 Like

Well, if thatā€™s the case they need to revamp the FCS and their 16 team playoffs that they have been doing forever.

2 Likes

Its a lot of that going on with MSU fans, OSU fans and ND fans. As much as I hate Michigan its actually good for college football that they made it this year. The same teams are boring IMOā€¦get some new blood in there. It was refreshing to see LSU win it two years ago. I am getting sick of the Alabama machine and I am happy as hell Clemson ainā€™t in there.

2 Likes

People are calling out Michigan fans whining. Its not worth thinking it thru any further than that. Iā€™ve never seen a fanbase so mad they have to actually play a real team in the playoffs.

That is not what I am seeing on social media outlets. I am seeing pure jealousy and butt-hurtness, especially from Spartan fans because they beat Michigan and from Buckeye fans because they believe if they played Michigan again they would win. Its funny to me, but as an Irish fan whoā€™s team has been there a few times I will just let the Michigan fans enjoy their moment in peace. I would want the same and for them its been a long time coming.

3 Likes

I for one am a Spartans fan who is stoked for the Wolverines. Also stoked about MSU getting a big six bowl game. Also stoked about Ohio State getting spanked

And the Lions won. Life is gouda

4 Likes

Good for you man. I am a U of M fan that pulls for State every week but one.

Georgia may well win. If they do, I will still have enjoyed this run!

Here is my take on the rankings and the matchups.

Bama beat Georgia, Ole Miss, and Arkansas, and lost to Texas AMā€¦. Keeping in mind that Arkansas and Texas AM are the ONLY 2 RANKED TEAMS WITH 4 LOSSES! Combine that with the SEC teams that finished 5-5 last year and somehow got ranked top 15 to start this year.

Ironically Ole Miss played 3 teams with 4 or less lossesā€¦ ended up with 2 losses and yet is ranked #8?

So with 14 teams in SEC, and nobody playing anyone out of conferenceā€¦ teams can avoid playing the toughest teams on the opposite side, the 6 on theirs, and if they lose 2-3 they will always stay top 10.

Every analyst all but stated they would avoid a rematch for ratings. Georgia just got crushed and moved to #3, and the undefeated team who beat #5- gets knocked down a peg?

Bama damn near lost to Auburn, should have frankly, and if a 2 loss Bama team blew out Georgia, then what?

Itā€™s seems like both teams were making the playoff no matter what, and they werenā€™t going to play each other, this giving them 2 chances to put a team in the championship, and a real shot to have both.

Imagine OSU had beaten Oregon, and all else
Stayed the same. Would OSU have kept Cincy out if they only had the 1 loss

2 Likes

People? as in youā€¦LOL

If you wanna see a fan base whining, look at the entire Sparty fanbase every March when they literally always feel like they got screwed by the NCAA Menā€™s Basketaball selection committee. Itā€™s like freaking clockwork. Whatā€™s even funnier is when itā€™s centered around having to play Duke. Talk about a team and itā€™s fans being scared of playing someoneā€¦look no further than Sparties and their nemesis, the Duke Blue Devils.

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/board/93/Contents/not-a-1-seed-44248165/?page=1

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/board/93/Contents/selection-sunday-thread-51742419/?page=1

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/board/93/Contents/michigan-state-heading-to-detroit-as-no-3-seed-in-midwest-116121111/?page=1

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/board/93/Contents/shall-we-storm-the-committees-offices-and-share-our-disdain-130240236/?page=1

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/board/93/Contents/tom-izzo-not-happy-with-michigan-states-draw-in-ncaa-tournament-130218785/?page=1

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/board/93/Contents/tofficial-2019-ncaa-selection-show-thread-130210638/?page=1

Tournament Cancelled

Sparty got relegated to a ā€œplay inā€ game, lost that game, and failed to make the tournament

1 Like

Including this year-

SEC- 10 representatives in the playoff

ACC- 7 representatives in the playoff

Big 10- 6 representatives in the playoff

BIg 12- 4 representatives in the playoff

PAC 12- 2 representatives in the playoff

At Large- 3 representatives in the playoff

32 total invited over 8 yearsā€¦

20 TOTAL TEAMS WITH ā€œ0 or 1ā€ LOSS FAILED TO GET INVITED TO THE PLAYOFF- NONE WERE SEC TEAMS!!! EVERY SINGLE ZERO OR ONE LOSS SEC TEAM HAS MADE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

The rest of the country has had 42 undefeated or one loss teams, and yet only 22 made it???

SEC is 100% lock to make playoff with zero or one loss.

REST OF COUTRY 22 OUT OF 42 ZERO OR ONE LOSS TEAMS MAKE IT!!!

Iā€™m not saying the SEC isnā€™t better. Iā€™m saying the games are played late at night, in hot cities. That favors southern teams. Iā€™m saying sec teams keep high rankings after losses, and that helps SOS. Iā€™m saying that they again have half the teams in the playoff, and again they separate the teams?

1 Like

They also have better bag men. Read an article awhile back about an anonymous bag man from an unknown SEC school who would hook up players and families with cash. He said he would bump into other bag men from competing schools as they were trying to outbid each other for the top recruits. All these guys were operating as alumni with their own money and having little contact with their school to keep from getting caught.

Theyā€™re definitely not as talented but Michigan is playing damn good football. Theyā€™re hungry. I think the game will be close.

Georgia is a 7 point favorite by the way.

You Can Do It GIF

2 Likes

Agreed ā€¦. But the problem with doing that is that Michigan was at #2 and they won in convincing fashion. Kinda hard to rank them lower.

So that tells me heading into this weekend that Bama should have been #2.

1 Like

Iā€™d be for an 8 team system. Iā€™ll go one farther and say to create 8 conferences. Have 2 divisions in each conference. They all have a conference championship game either winner advancing to the playoffs. That creates a lot of games, I know, so I donā€™t have any problem with these kids being compensated for playing in these playoff games. Even see that theyā€™re supplied with some type of insurance in case they get hurt. Just my thought on it.

The buzz Iā€™m hearing is for a 12 team playoff (presumably with some teams getting byes?) but for me, I favor an 8 team playoff too. You already have the conference title games as a de facto first playoff round. Take the four power four champions (after the big 12 finally dies), put together a group of five title game (probably wishful thinking) and then three at large bids. Any more than that and you devalue the regular season and winning your conference IMO.

The biggest change Iā€™d like to see though is that the higher seeds get to play the first round of playoff games at home stadiums, that would be sweet.

Nice strawman.

2 Likes