2021 Week 2: The Tip Sheet

So here we are. We’ve seen week 1 of the Dan Campbell era, and I think it’s safe to say that no one saw anything worse than what they expected? Some better, I assume, because I might be put in that category with the comeback at the end. Anyway, the Tip Sheet would like to summarize it’s record from last week, and I’ll keep a tally throughout the season. I’m not tracking the records though, because those are hard to score and hit correctly.

Summary

Last week, the Tip Sheet picked these things to happen…

Tampa beating Dallas 1-0

Philly cleaning Atlanta’s clock 2-0

Minnesota to “out-talent” Cincinnati 2-1

Lions to lose by one score 3-1

Houston to be who everyone thought they were 3-2

Green Bay and New Orleans to switch uniforms 3-3

Rams to make quick work of Chicago 4-3

Over .500 is the motto for a week one, because that’s what keeps you undefeated at this point in the season.

Now to week 2…

Thursday, September 16th

NYG at WAS

Time: 8:20 EST

Importance: 1

Root For: NYG

Danny Dimes hopes to not trip over his own feet again in the stadium that’s infamous for ending QB’s careers with horrific injuries. Chase Young and the Washington defense will dominate the Giants pathetic excuse for an offense with a now shell of himself Saquon, and this wouldn’t be much of a contest, other than it’s a Thursday night game, and blowouts rarely happen on Thursday. You’re rooting for the Giants to pull one out here because Washington really does not need Kayvon Thibodeaux.

Prediction: WAS 27-10 NYG

Sunday, September 19th

CIN at CHI

Time: 1:00 EST

Importance: 3

Root For: CIN

The Bears got killed by your favorite quarterback last week, royally screwing our draft position and giving a big middle finger to the Lions fanbase. Good thing is, now we don’t need the help of those stinkin’ Bears! The Bengals shocked me a little last week with one of my more solid picks going the other way. Ja’Marr Chase actually did good for anyone who didn’t see, and the preseason looks like now it was maybe an anomaly. The Bears defense is better than the Vikings though, but I don’t see any real reason that the Bengals can’t put up a few points. This should be a good game.

Prediction: CIN 21-24 CHI

LAR at IND

Importance: 5

Root For: IND

This didn’t work last week, but we’ll try this again, because now they aren’t playing a divisional opponent. Root for the Rams to lose here, because one pick in the draft could be the difference between Jeff Okudah and Chase Young. The Rams play a bit more capable of a team this week in the Colts, but given that Carson Wentz is their QB, I don’t think they have enough firepower to overcome the Rams defense.

Prediction: LAR 34-17 IND

DEN at JAX

Importance: 3

Root For: JAX

It appears our competition for the number one pick and Kayvon Thibodeaux shifted from Houston to Jacksonville last Sunday, so you root for Jacksonville to win here because if they win, then we can lose out and get what we want: an actual defensive player. The Urban Meyer era has it’s first home game and also it’s first home loss…

Prediction: DEN 24-21 JAX

MIN at ARI

Time: 4:05 EST

Importance: 2

Root For: ARI

Minnesota lost a “should win” game last week against the Bengals, and now they play a game they should lose. Kyler Murray is good, and his defense is a lot better with Chandler Jones and J.J. Watt. I thoroughly expect the Cardinals to win this game, and Vikings fans will continue raging in social media comment sections and group chats about how they should be a lot better than they are, which is correct. Kyler and that offense are going to have a field day.

ARI 42-24 MIN

KC at BAL

Time: 8:20 EST

Importance: 2

Root For: KC

It’s all about draft positioning in games outside of ours, folks. That team you saw last sunday isn’t making the playoffs, we all have to accept it and move on. So get this, if Baltimore loses, our strength of schedule goes down, giving us potentially higher magic bean value. Fortunately for us, that will happen, as Lamar is facing off against Mahomes on Sunday night. You know, the guy that Lamar can’t beat? I see no reason why that happens this time either, because Baltimore doesn’t have an O-line anymore outside of Ronnie Stanley, and Orlando Brown plays for the other team.

Prediction: KC 35-28 BAL

Monday, September 20th

DET at GB

Time: 8:15 EST

Importance: 5

Root For: DET

While we aren’t officially in “root against Detroit” mode yet, everywhere else, we can plan for the worst. That isn’t the case with us though, so let’s see if Dan Campbell and the defensive coaches are capable of putting together a game plan that can do what New Orleans did to that Green Bay offense last week. Our offense should be kind of like it was last week. I fully expect us to be able to run the ball, and Goff will have some WTF plays, but he’ll also have some that make you say “he’s exactly who you thought he was”. Green Bay isn’t playing the NO defense though, and we know what Aaron Rodgers does to us. I expect a similar game to last week, just without the comeback.

Prediction: GB 42-24 DET

1 Like

Good write up, but don’t you think the Jets are in the sweepstakes for the Number 1 overall this year?

I do, but I don’t think they’d take Thibodeaux since they have Quinnen Williams. They have issues everywhere else.

It would be interesting to see. WFT had plenty of resources allocated to the defensive line and they still took Chase Young. The Jets in the past have done something similar to what WFT did.

I also think it depends on what Evan Neal’s value ends up being at the end of the season. They could take him and move Becton back to RT, because apparently the Jets fans still want O-lineman in the 1st round next year.

The Panthers were all over Wilson on every snap. It was insane. It felt like the pounding Stafford took in a few Vikings games since Zimmer has been there.

Should I keep doing Tip Sheets?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Just trying to judge the opinion on them among the board so I know if you guys don’t like them, I won’t type them up anymore.

I like them, if you have the time keep doing it

1 Like

I forgot that Daniel Jones is physically incapable of losing to Washington.

Agreed its pretty cool IMHO

Its almost a birth defect at this point. Did you check with his mom? Maybe there are others out here like him. It could be a class action law suit of people inflicted with “never lose to Washington” disease.

1 Like

Seems like there are 31 teams with “never lose to Detroit” players - sigh

1 Like

This should age well

Actually think times are a changing. This year is a new beginning!

@HSVLion as a new member this is the first time I have seen it. Much appreciated.

should be called ‘The Dirt Sheet’

Ha! Take that Vikings fans!!

That was a Skol F$ck right there

1 Like