2021 Week 4: The Tip Sheet

Sorry for not getting this out until today. Didn’t really have time this week either.

So let’s recap how we did in week 3…

Ravens beating the Lions 11-4

Browns over Bears 12-4

Cards over Jaguars by multiple scores 13-4

Buccaneers to restate their place at the top of the NFL 13-5

49ers to show that Green Bay is still overrated 13-6

Seahawks over Vikings 13-7

Eagles over Cowboys in a defensive game 13-8 (what was I thinking??)

Those damn Vikings. They keep doing the exact opposite of what I want every single week, and have now accounted for a 1/4th of my total losses. Not my best week at all. 3-4. Let’s get better this week…

Sunday, October 3rd

HOU at BUF

Time: 1:00 EST

TV: FOX

Importance: 2

Root For: HOU

It seems that Buffalo is pretty good, and that Davis Mills won’t be able to gain more yards than the length of his neck this week. I see that happening. If Houston scores, it’ll be in garbage time or on some wacky special teams crap.

Prediction: BUF 33-0 HOU

DET at CHI

Importance: 5

Root For: DET

I’m actually starting to buy into the idea that we need to win a couple of games and give these young guys some confidence. Mostly because I like Kyle Hamilton, but also because it’s a valid point. I also think Campbell is going to take out his rage on Matt Nagy and therefore Justin Fields this week. The SOL thing would be for Fields to go off, and I want to see that happen. Just not this week.

Prediction: DET 27-14 CHI

IND at MIA

TV: CBS

Importance: 1

Root For: TIE

We get to watch the most toxic fanbase in the NFL try and figure out who they want to lose more because they get both of their draft picks? Sign me up! Philly fans are probably rooting for a tie here too since both of them can’t lose at the same time. Imagine what we’d do if we didn’t beat Atlanta and had San Fran’s picks, and had to watch them play the Rams twice a season.

Prediction: MIA 24-17 IND

So here’s where the Vikings matchup would go, but since they give me losses every time, I’m excluding them this week. I totally don’t think that the team named after the color is going to win though… :wink:

PIT at GB

Time: 4:25 EST

TV: CBS

Importance: 3

Root For: PIT

The Steelers are the textbook definition of you need to know when it’s time to move on from your legendary QB. Their offense is trash. Green Bay holds them to 7, which is enough.

Prediction: PIT 7-21 GB

TB at NE

Time: 7:20 EST

Importance: 3

Root For: Pick one

Here we go, Brady returns to Foxborough. He’ll win too, and rabid Patriots fans will call for Belichick’s head unnecessarily.

Prediction: TB 24-21 NE

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m going to assume when people see Cowboy vs Panthers they root Panthers…right? I mean…who in the hell can stand a Cowboy fan?

Brian Burns Football GIF by Carolina Panthers

1 Like

Lol! It’s 33-0 right now in Buffalo.