2022 Lions wagering thread

Was thinking about a couple simple bets before the hype of hard knocks.

Final NFC North Division order
Packer, Lions, Bear, Vikings +2100

Lions to win divsion +950

NFL MVP Jared Goff +15000

Lions to win 10+ games +460

Lions make playoffs +410

See how these change…

Wonder what this is:

Final NFC North Division order
Packer, Lions, Vikings, Bears + ?

This is going to be a very dumb question, but what does + whatever mean?

So when you say lions to win the division +950, what does that mean? And what about another team that is like, say Bucs to win the division -150, what does that mean?

I understand lines like Lions +/- 2.5, but the other one I don’t get.

I am also not a gambler aside from the occasional slot machine or blackjack table. So I apologize for my ignorance!

I personally don’t like any of those bets.

While I feel that 10+ wins could be within reach and/or making the playoffs, I definitely don’t feel confident enough in either of those to put my money on the line.

1 Like

At it’s simplest, it’s based on a $100 bet. If you bet $100 you would receive $1,050, giving you a profit of $950.

1 Like

Graphic evidence that a fool and his money is soon parted…

5 Likes

Ok this makes sense. So let’s say I bet $100 on someone and it was -150 or something like that, what does that mean?

It means don’t make that bet haha. But again at it’s simplest going back to the $100 base, you have to bet the negative to get the positive. In other words, you’d have to bet $1.50 per dollar. So you’d bet $150 and if you win, you’d get $250. Lower odds and more money up front.

1 Like

Ahhhh ok… so if I bet on something that was -300, I’d have to bet $450 to get $600?

Sorry if I’m being dumb I just have no idea about any of this. But your explanations are helping! I get the + stuff now for sure

No, the minus is dollar amount per dollar. So in this case you’d bet $3.00 per dollar. So you’d bet $300 to get $600. Similarly if it was +300, you would bet $100 to receive $400.

1 Like

Ahhhh ok got it! Thank you for the explanations!

2 Likes

No problem at all brother DS! …if you ask about parlays I’m sicking @Sofatso on you :joy:

1 Like

Hahaha I have no interest in gambling, I’ve sucked at it when I’ve tried… but I do like to know about it. I’m always curious where the lines go during the season and to see who’s betting against Vegas, because the house always wins right?

But in the event I ever do decide to take a spin it’s good to know this stuff. Thank you very much!

As far as parlays… that’s where you get into some crazy stuff… like you can really win a ton if you hit everything. I remember somebody did some crazy parlay one week in the nfl and hit every winner and got some insane payout

It was enough of a gamble for me to get out of bed this morning.

1 Like

The testes are huge with this one.

1 Like

Lol agreed and now that I understand it better, I’m pulling for ya!

+1000 on Draftkings

1 Like

Hmmm…I’d put $20 on that.

1 Like

1 Like

The Lions are the most popular team among bettors this offseason. That starts with their win total of 6.5. As of late July at BetMGM, 94% of bets and 95% of the money wagered on the Lions’ win total was on the over. Detroit is the most-bet over of any NFL win total.

1 Like