2022 NFL draft: Touchdown Wire’s scouting reports for top prospects

Some good stuff here

5 Likes

Amazing find!!! Thanks for sharing…

I give the author a ton of credit. I love that the positional rankings were a bit unique, and when reading the strengths and positional player comparisons, it was hard not to agree with a bunch of them…

1. Hutch isn’t a Bosa, A Donald, J Peppers, M Williams, or a Myles Garrett type, not even close. He’s not a generational size, speed and power freak.
    HUTCH- they comp him to TJ Watt coming out, not now, and I can see that. I think I see more Maxx Crosby the TJ Watt, but I could accept the comparison. There is a reason Watt didn’t go top 5, and I doubt his success would be what it is without Tuitt and Cam Heyward monopolizing the opposing OL every play….

2. Trayvon Walker comp of JPP feels spot on. JPP has played DE in a 4-3, 3 tech, and now rush edge in a 3-4, and played all well. Very similar size and athletic profile.

The guys I’m pretty interested in? Mafe, Ebiketie, Paschal, D Jackson, and Bonitto- I can see the strengths and athletic profiles fitting in perfectly with Okwara x 2 and Harris… I think a pick in 2, or early 3 will net one. Add 5-6 sacks to our 3 guys who I expect 18-20 sacks from next year.

1 Like

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Stat to Know: Among edge-rushers in the 2022 class, only Penn State’s Arnold Ebiketie and Michigan’s Aidan Hutchinson had a higher Pressure Share rate (the percentage of pressures created by one defender on a team) than Karlaftis’ 27% in 2021.

2 Likes

I’d love to see this pinned, so we can return to it during the draft to research our guys.

1 Like

Lots of great stuff! Thank you for posting that

1 Like

Again: Still not seeing how Jermaine Johnson is the top DE in this class with these stats:

Thanks for the link. Lots of serious info that.

1 Like

I’ll be looking into him more too. I love his hi lights. I want to see some of his interviews and get a read. on him as a dude.

I like that he can grow such a Fitzpatrick, silly-ass mustache at such a young age. I’m calling him Thirstin, if we draft him. I want to learn more about him as a man, and read some of his perceived weaknesses. I can see his wRs caught the ball and did great with YACs, so that made him look good, but I like how he commands the field with his energy. Really good stuff.

Gonna research more. Going to bed now.
I’d be okay with a developmental QB this draft for sure. Wonder if we go that route?

I have never compared Hutch to a Bosa, or some of those other prospects. But I’m comparing Hutch to other guys in this class. When speaking of this class, I think he’s a top 5 prospect.

1 Like

Does your team need a speed rush? Yes?

I think the TJ Watt comp of him coming out is fair as well. I love the kids attitude and I love what he brings to the table. I do expect him to grow and I believe he brings value now with more value in the future.

But, if the front office sees it different, there isn’t a prospect in the draft that I am going to the wall for

2 Likes

I compare Hutch to Jared Allen, who trumps many of the names thrown around in recent years, save the Bosa brothers.

2 Likes

Looks like the Big 10 had a great class of edge rushers (Boye Mafe added in)…. or…. it had a subpar OT year…. or …. maybe a little of both?

Also will say… still surprised Ebiketie isn’t getting more attention. Productive, athletic, great arm length…. guy has tape forcing many quick throw aways because he is in the backfield in a blink of an eye.