2023 QB comps

Here’s my hot take at QB:

Cameron Ward at Washington State tears it up and ends up getting some first round hype. He seems to have the arm talent and athleticism and Wazzu bringing in his head coach at IW to run the Offense should help him transition to the higher level of competition.

Jurkovec is a way better athlete than Vinny but doesn’t have that level of arm strength. Anthkny Richardson to me is Cam Newton but a more natural thrower of the football.

And he’s not nearly the athlete that McNabb was.

1 Like

The goal was to promote discussion: mission accomplished

1 Like

Does Armstrong have enough arm strength? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like CJ Stroud and he’s not an world class asshole so this makes the comp irrelevant inna way but from a throwing standpoint he kind of reminds me of Josh Rosen.

As prospects I think I agree. Anderson himself might be the highest rated defensive prospect since… I don’t know. I’d say Myles Garrett but I think Anderson will be even higher than that. It might actually be LT. And Carter’s a better prospect than Williams, IMO, maybe the best DT prospect since Suh?

2 Likes

Sounds like Aaron Rogers, to me.
Yes, please!
Especially if he’s there for our second first round pick!
Then, let him sit behind Goff for a year or two. Until he’s chomping at the bit.

And he’s the one I want if I had to choose right now. Probably because of the Stafford comparison :joy:

For this same reason I’ve heard Bryce Young’s play style compared more to Russell Wilson than Drew Brees.

He’s like a combo of Brees and Wilson. Brees’s pocket presence, timing, and accuracy combined with Wilson’s wiggle and playmaking. I actually think Young is an even better off-platform thrower than Wilson but at least they’re in the same ballpark. Wilson is probably a better comp size-wise as well, though Young’s not nearly as thick.

If Goff doesn’t work out, maybe we put guys together like Bengals do with Burrow/Chase. But the most important year for the college guys is still to play, so we’ll see whats coming. We have all picks to trade up if necessary.

I was thinking Watson mixed with Brees.

I know it’s early but I do think this has the makings of a 5ish first round QB class.

Yeah I think so too. I would be shocked if Young or Stround didn’t go in the 1st (unless they don’t declare), this isn’t some Rattler situation that was easy to see coming from a mile away. So that’s a baseline of 2, then any of Richardson, Levis, Van Dyke, Jurkovec, Rattler, McKee could go in the 1st, as well as outside shots like Cam Ward, Sam Hartman, Handon Hooker, Grayson McCall, Aidan O’Connell and @CasanovaJack1 ’s favorite Brennan Armstrong. ALL of those guys are NFL capable and could blow up a la Burrow, Wilson or Pickett. Should be a fun year of watching.

And D.J. U. He plays well enough and he can go #1OA

Devin Leary might have a shot as well.

Yeah, Armstrong had a huge year on a so-so team and nobody was watching. Maybe people who watched Woods video picked up on him like I did. It’s just a loaded class, typically around 12 or so QB’s go in a draft, 2022 only had like 7 so there should be some catching up to do. I think there was a punter taken before the 5th QB, is that right? If it’s Fox, well of course, but that’s a weird stat.

Yeah totally spaced on DJU. All the talent in the world, will be interesting to see if he puts it together. Heard he struggled in their spring game.

I like Armstrong, he’s a gamer, I think the main questions he’s gonna have to answer, ironically, will be about the strength of his arm. It’s seems good enough but that’s one of those things that doesn’t always come across on the screen.

Yeah. He did struggle a bit in the spring game. And Klubnick has a good chance of being a big time QB prospect in time as well. I think D.J. Is either a first rounder or ends up transferring to a school with a noteworthy QB guru.

Depends on the system. To me it’s a Tua level arm and Brennan is a better athlete. I think that can work in a WCO. I don’t see him as being the type we’d look for.

When your name is Armstrong, you are destined for greatness at QB. Fox should change his name to Legstrong.