2023 QBs

Best case scenario = Goff has a great season, Detroit wins a lot of games and maybe we consider a mid/late round back up QB.

1 Like

Goff winning a Super Bowl in Detroit would be an odd moment to witness. Winning in the shithole known as the Detroit Lions should be self explanatory. But I think Goff is in a weird place where he would be seen as just coming along for the ride no matter how he played or what he meant to the team.

If anyone wins a Super bowl in Detroit they will be bronzed and forever adulated

3 Likes

I hope people keep that same energy if it happens with Goff.

1 Like

Yeah, I think Haener’s decent but destined to be a career backup if he sticks around. The classic good college QB, serviceable pro. He’d probably be next on my list. Thompson and Nix both are amongst a group of guys I almost included in an “out of nowhere” category. I mean they’re not technicailly out of nowhere, but if they somehoe became 1st rounders it would be pretty shocking. But then I decided the ones I had were enough lol.

Haener’s arm is much more live than he’s given credit for IMO. It’s probably a Nick Foles level arm but with more athleticism. That’s probably still a backup but a damn good one. The type of guy that might just save a season.

If Goff wins a single playoff game in Detroit, we might build him a statue in front of the stadium. It’s been 31 years for the love of God!!

1 Like

JT Daniels.

Dude can spin the ball.

K. J. Jefferson? :man_shrugging:

Bro, who would you remove from our draft class, and, which QB would you replace him with?
Use the gift of hindsight.

1 Like

No one. I wasn’t a fan of any of this past years QB’s.

1 Like

I agree this year was bad that doesn’t mean there will not be a QB step up an shock NFL.

Maybe couple of backups an Thats a big Maybe

Personally I think Jefferson barely has what it takes to play QB in college, let alone in the pros. He’s got some decent highlights but watching a full game from him will cause you to lose your hair (actually kind of reminds me of Spencer Sanders honestly). Good/great physical gifts, very little else.

I do like Daniels, especially his ability off-platform, and probably should have included him in the list above which goes to show just how deep this class truly is. But it’s also like, 3 teams in 3 years? Why does he keep getting beat out? (I know there was some bad luck involved but still). Coaches don’t trust his decision-making and if it doesn’t improve he won’t even get a shot in the league. Also, he’s got an absolutely terrible mustache. A lot of people are growing ill-advised mustaches nowadays, but his is the worst. I can’t help but move him down my rankings a couple of spots, more bad decision-making.

Ya know, on the surface that seems flimsy, but I think it’s more a tip of the iceberg thing, an early warning system screaming douche, douche, douche. We all know about Dan’s no-turd policy. What’s not so well known is his graded mustache curve for QBs–he weighs accuracy, mustache and arm strength in that order. You could look it up…

Having your best weapons back is good and all. It makes for better stats which makes for better evaluation and shit, but if there’s a guy that brings his team to the top WITHOUT his best weapons, then THAT’S the guy I’m looking at. One that rises and MAKES not only plays, but makes his lesser/average players better.

1 Like

I like Van Dyke from Miami kid has good size and a real good arm he kinda reminds me of Big Ben.He also just seems like the guy Dan would love to have at QB a dude that plays with grit and is a absolute competitor.This is a big year for quite a few borderline top 15 QBs.

That’s the beauty of next years class. There’s a potential for 7 good quarterbacks to come out. We probably won’t need to trade up that far if we want one.

1 Like

Leary and Levis seem to fit us. Leary bc I think he’s likely to be pro ready and yet still pretty talented to boot. Levis just seems like the perfect culture fit and unlike Leary offers considerable more mobility. I do think Leary has better wheels than Goff but it doesn’t strike me as a big departure from Goff Levis on the other hand could be used around the goal line in a fashion similar to Josh Allen So can Richardson and D.J. U. of course if they can prove that they’re legit.

I still love Richardson but even if he puts up big numbers there’s still going to be some risk in projecting him from Napier’s offense.

Well lets see how that works.
In 2020 Thompson had 98 receiving yards and 234 yards rushing.
In 2020 Kemp had 644 receiving yards and was the leading receiver.

Fast forward to 2021…
Keyton Thompson 78 receptions for 990 yards 39 carries for 237 yards
Billy Kemp IV 74 receptions for 725 yards
Dontayvion Wicks 57 receptions for 1,203 yards

So, ya think he might have made his lesser average players better? Wicks came in as a freshman and had over 1,200 receiving yards and Armstrong was a canceled bowl game away from breaking Burrows record for most yards thrown in a season in the ACC. I’m going to go out on a limb and say he would have done it AND made his players better.

And if it turns out we don’t need one, that’s going to push down some talent in other positions

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.