2nd Round Options

Sheesh what simulator was this?

1 Like

PFF. I think it was with positional value high and randomness high and team needs low.

While this would probably be too good to be true, I think a strategy of trading down twice and then trading back up would be a really good one this year. As long as they like a number of players in the first 12 or 13. It could happen if we deal with Carolina or Denver for the first trade and then somene like Dallas or Philly for the second trade, and then someone like New England to trade back up.

It is not a bad strategy especially for a guy like Sewell, but it depends on who drops. I do think hoarding picks is our aim right now so I’m not sure we’d do it this year (again, depending on who drops), but if we can continue to stockpile picks I can absolutely see it as a possibility as we improve. Kind of like what Miami just did trading back up to 6.

1 Like

It doesn’t feel like such a pipe dream with some hints of competence in the front office. They’ve started out with a bang, it will be so interesting to see if they can keep it up.

Werner in round 3 is still my favorite way to address LBer. Though it seems like even money at best that he’ll be there.

It’s unfair to expect more lop-sided deals like the Stafford and Brockers trades from the FO. Both of those were served on a silver platter by the Rams dysfunction and cap crunch, respectively. To Brad’s credit, he was respectful as he squeezed McVay and Snead within an inch of their professional lives.

I think any transactions in the near future will come much closer to fair value. When Brad was hired, there were some comments outside the Lions organization about him being the next Ozzie Newsome. The draft is the next test of that. Yeehaw!!

After JOK in the 1st (after a trade back), I agree. I like Davis and Cox a little better than Werner but not at their costs, and I like Werner a lot better than Bolton or any other LB. I also think he’s the most likely to be a long time starter at MLB, whereas most of these guys (besides Bolton) are OLBs, typically on the weakside.

I usually take Parsons in the 1st so LB is off the table. With two 2nds I’m usually picking from…

DT: McNeil, Nixon, Levi O
WR: Moore, Moore, Marshall
OT: Leatherman, NDSt guy, OKSt guy, maybe Mayfield.

If I took Sewell or Chase in the 1st, add Collins and Davis to the list.

I’ve been consistently taking WRs or off ball LBs with the 2nd round pick in my draft. I just think those are our biggest needs, along with QB, and its not even close. Safety sometimes sneaks in there too.

Way to go out on a limb :slight_smile:

Out of the league in 5 years, his 2nd season was his best with 60 tackles, 3.5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles.

Concur, the guy is so smooth (not sure how else to put it, everything just looks so easy for him.

Yeah, I probably should have put a smiley face after that sentence…

If we don’t trade down at 7, I think it’s very likely we trade back from 41. Looking at the board and what we know of Brad so far, is it possible to think we could trade with the Rams again? 41 for 57 and 88. Works out almost perfectly according to the points on the trade chart. That would be great to get an extra 3rd and have 4 day 2 picks while still getting a premier player at 7. You know Les is going to be impatient as they see someone slipping that they didn’t expect. Time to call up your old buddy Brad to move up again.

I wouldn’t mind us doing both. Even when accounting for the pro day vs combine factor this draft has some pretty good late day 2/early day 3 athletes. Guys like Kendrick Green at G/C and
Milton Williams DT (though I’d prefer him ss a defensive chess piece) have unreal upside. You get some extra picks and you can take shots on guys like that.

Along those lines Caleb Farley has started to fascinate me. You could move down a few times and still snag him as your cornerstone of the draft. There’s risk there of course but Farley, Okudah and AO could be special and special coverage would, I presume, be a primary objective in Aaron Glenn defenses.

Reportedly the Lions met with Anthony Schwartz who might be there in the third or fourth

Kid needs to polish up ball skills but would definitely stretch the field with those afterburners

There are rumors that his value is much higher in NFL circles. The NFL gets enamored with legit 4.2 speed.

If we did draft Schwartz and he became our number 3 next year that might just be the fastest 1-3 WR group in NFL history. That’s not hyperbole either.

He sat out, therefore he hates football and kicks babies. :rofl:

1 Like

Would much rather have Rondale Moore, Kadarus Toney or Elijah Moore. Swartz is more Marvin Hall and gonna be over drafted because of speed. And R Moore is as fast but a play maker too.

2 Likes

Anthony Schwartz is a lot more talented than Marvin Halll. Different type of speed too. Schwartz is probably (on a track at least) one of the five to seven fastest prospects of my lifetime. I’d rather have the guys you mentioned as well but I get why teams would be intrigued.

Detroit needs a player like R Moore, but he is always injured. Played in 3 games last year, 4 in 2019. Really like his abilities, but injurly prone, can’t do it, not this draft.