2. Rakestraw
  3. C. Davis III
14 Likes

Hmmm I trust Holmes and I get it

Fix the issue by floooding the room

But I am a bit surprised they did not go Oline

1 Like

Haha so true

So now this draft has produced 3 cb’ s when you count the Davis trade. Brad has absolutely attacked our weakest position group. I like it

1 Like

Typical OSU can’t accept what was clearly shown in replay. Legal hit, unfortunate outcome. Nothing dirty about it.

1 Like

Bradley Motherfuxin Holmes is Cookin’ up a team without last years weaknesses… BPA and finishes the CB room.

2 Likes

It was legal but it was completely unnecessary and injured our best player. It’s fair to be upset about it.

Whelp, at least we’re out of the FA CB hunt I reckon.

So you take a position group in CB that was our weakest………BY FAR last year and you change that? Well done.

Name a group that was even close to CBs? Maybe DE? OL is a weakness because of depth, not because the staters just plain suck like they do in the CB group.

10 Likes

Kingsley OT
Green CB

Next picks after Rakestraw

:thinking:

2 Likes

Yep. He’s given Glenn everything. Time to succeed on that side of the ball.

1 Like

BPA was a top 50 player in Rakestraw who was often mocked to us at 29. He is a total team fit. After Frazier went off the board i didnt have any ol higher than Rakestraw

5 Likes

The value was the key and I think they would have taken several players that went in the 10 picks before, but they went. I really wanted Braswell. But this IMHO was a BPA pick and he was one of the DC/BH guys that would have been a target in a trade down. Then he fell and they got their top CB in unexpected form in the 1st. BH likes to fix positions in bunches it seems, and CB was going to get a talent infusion this year.

Now we can do things like start Mosely on IR and let him heal up for a potential call up later in the season when it’s go time and you lose a guy. But you’ve not rushed him back into duty. He’s ready. Maybe now we wait and see if Carleton Davis is worth a long term deal (to us). Veldor doesn’t help Aiyuk to a goal line gimme, we win the NFCC. Don’t think that was going to be a repeat for Mr. Holmes.

1 Like

I cant wait to replace maybe 3 oline men next year

1 Like

Honestly tells me that Ragnow is playing out his contract atleast

Decker i got no clue on

we can still get an OG day 3 aswell.

3 Likes

Curious to see if they both start…imo Arnold probably starts, but Rake may go into the season as a rotation guy, especially seeing how CB is one the the most difficult positions to learn/adjust to in the NFL, and expecting two rookies to helm those positions for a team in a Super Bowl window, is a dubious ask. Thats said, def both great defensive foundational pieces for the future.

1 Like

Agreed, but shitty starters in the defensive backfield is a problem too, so I’m not gonna hate

5 Likes

All the “not a need” guys… we literally FLOODED our biggest area of need.

10 Likes

OL depth isn’t even that bad either, they have some capable reserves. Long term is an issue but there’s time to address that. The only real short term need IMO is receiver, we really don’t know what we have outside of St. Brown and I supposed EDGE but I think Davenport/Houston is a solid duo and Houston still has that massive upside if utilized correctly.

1 Like

With what picks