3 more moves...?

May have more to do with not knowing about Goff?
Or, how they view the strength of QB situation next year, opposed to this?
Or, even building Goff’s trade value?
We have an absolute PILE of trade capital, especially after this season ends.
I see us as giving Goffster a real chance. If he fails, a rook would step into a good spot, and we may still be able to trade Goff.
I truthfully would be surprised if Goff isn’t at least a top 1/2 of the league QB. I think he has a high floor, as well as a pretty high ceiling.

I like that they have done enough to the offense that they should get a good enough read on Goff going forward. If someone steps up on the right side of the o line and a WR is drafted the offense should at least be interesting to watch.

1 Like

They have pushed money from Jamie Collins, Michael Brockers, Tyrell Williams, and Romeo Okwara into future years via voidable years that is dead money no matter what. I might even be missing a couple. They could have avoided all that by restructuring Goff if they believed he was definitely the guy. They know once they restructure him they are 100% committed to him for at least through 2022.
[/quote]
That is not correct ,just so you know right now we have 40 plus million of Cap for 2022 an that’s without the Cap increasing in 2022/.

I expect they will also rework Goff’s contract also this year when its needed.

Signing Malik Hooker is like pre-filling out your IR designations. :rofl:

2 Likes

Not sure what’s not correct? We definitely are looking good for cap space in 2022 and beyond, but I wasn’t talking about that. I just said they pushed money into future years by adding voidable year. Like for Tyrell Williams they tacked on a voidable year that pushed 1mil into 2022. That counts against the 2022 cap no matter what. Even if we re-signed him that 1mil will be tacked onto whatever contract he signs.

My point being they could have just restructured Goff and not have had to do all this voidable year stuff if he was definitely the guy. I’m not stressing the cap regardless because I know we have a ton of room available after this year.

1 Like