3 stats about Goff you may not know

Super-healhty attitude, my man. I get like that too.

2 Likes

I would substitute “raw” for sucks, they may not have been elite, but effort was there, outside of that, yeah, confidence is crucial and once things began stabilizing later in the season it appeared his confidence resurfaced, wouldn’t expect anything less that the confidence growing,
this is going to be fun if they can field their A team

1 Like

Gonna be much harder to get to Goff. Lots of other problems to worry about.
Lots of blazing speed.
OL is big’n’ugly
Lots of nice “hot route” type of guys.
QB is smart enough to do it, imo.

Thanks for posting that. I was curious and googled to find a bigger list. Here’s all QBs from 2008 - 2020

https://www.pass2win.com/ball-velocity-exposing-the-power-qb.html

1 Like

Well crap, I suppose I should know better but I have to respond

I’m not saying he’s a Favre or Elway talent, or even the sheer velocity of the next tier of Stafford and Allen

What I am saying is he has plenty of “giddyup go” for a deep out…so did Kurt Warner who I’d best compare JGs deep out velocity and overall arm strength to (from my own viewing, not parroting others)
And KW’s bread and butter was the deep out (at least with the Rams)

To say he can’t drive a deep out on a rope, I judge that by DBs reaction, he passes the test

Just calling it as I see it…”strong armed” I’ll digress to the legends before mentioned

6 Likes

was surprised a little to see Wilson and Herbert where they were. Goff was measured near the upper ranking of velocity. Allen of course on top. Too bad Stafford sat that test out. He probably already knew he was being drafted first, so why risk a bad throw. Would have liked to have seen how his velocity measured

2 Likes

Also - Can’t help but notice that Fox didn’t throw either. They’d have to switch up the metrics for him. Beyond the standard beyond human perfection.

2 Likes

Fox sucks

1 Like

Oh snap, there goes the neighborhood

2 Likes

I don’t think they asked Fox to throw because not everyone had hearing protection.

3 Likes

I wonder how fast Vick could throw, that dude threw the fastest and furthest probably the most effortlessly.

1 Like

Good point, man. No way they were prepped for that. Also, the combine is indoors. Who knows what gets destroyed if he truly throws it his hardest?

LOL. Naaahhh. That’s like saying “Oranges are purple when fully healthy.” Ya just can’t be offended by it.

2 Likes

At the end of the day, peeps will judge Goff on the past…. Until he creates a future… for himself and the Lions… some think it will never happen; I think it’ll, happen this season…ni think he’s gonna be a bad ass cuz that’s who his coach is… Goff HAS the talent… it’s about getting it done and looking towards the future instead of looking back. I sure hope he never reads shit from most peeps here… it don’t matter!

6 Likes

Word!

Well. Some are purple :yum:

2 Likes

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

1 Like

Goff is clearly a pocket passer…

Take a peak at Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, Matt Stafford, Peyton Manning, Big Ben and Drew Brees production by age 26…

That is total seasons between 7 Hall of Famers-

Big Ben 101 td 71 int
P Manning 138 td 100 int
D Brees 80 TD and 53 int
Stafford 131 td and 85 int
Phil Rivers 44 td and 25 int
Kirk Cousins 18 TD and 19 Int
Eli Manning 77 TD and 64 Int
Tom Brady 79 TD and 38 int
Matt Ryan 95 TD and 46 Int
Aaron Rodgers 58 Tds and 20 Ints

Jared Goff 107 TD and 55 Int-

Goff has more TDs than 8 of them
Goff has less Ints than 4 of them

GOFF HAS A BETTER TD/INT RATIO THAN 7!!!

Goff had better ypa THAN ALL BUT ERIN, AND BIG BEN!!!

What Pat Mahomes and to a lesser extent, Josh Allen have done this early on is insane.

Goff has had a historically strong start to his career compared to most other pocket passers…

He was put on an awful team, with a patchwork OL, injured backs, and the worst WR in the league…

For 1/3 of TB12 career he had similar ypa numbers to Goff last year…. Was it Brady?

Or was it receiving backs, tight ends and slot receivers as his primary weapons???

Then look at his seasons with Moss, Cooks, Evans, etc… high 7’s to 8’s…

Goff did push the ball downfield and average 8 plus ypa with - couple good outside WRs and an OL…

I predict a borderline pro bowl 2022- if Jamo gets healthy quick, OR Chark stays healthy…

8 Likes

Lin Manuel Miranda Love GIF by Tony Awards

3 Likes

Amen.

3 Likes