30 head coaches later because they were all hacks that couldn't get this team to win chit

It’s been a revolving door of warm dog shit…need to stop humping the dog and find a REAL HC for once, MAYBE we could win , then???

Sometimes I think these movies were made by a Lions fan.

hellraiser GIF

jill marie jones starz GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead
Being a Lions fan, It’s very much like being in an Evil Dead/Army of Darkness movie…

Which they tried previously in getting Bobby Ross, who went to the Super Bowl and won a National Championship at Georgia Tech, and Steve Mariucci, who everyone agreed was a proven winner.

Some people believe that the fire of success burns hottest in people with something to prove. I tend to think its more individual case by case basis and has everything to do with the ingredients the chef has to work with.

Bill Parcells couldn’t have won with the garbage Millen was drafting. Likewise, no one ever accused Barry Switzer of being the genius behind the Cowboys last Super Bowl.

2 Likes

Detroit Lions head coach fun facts:

The only Lions coach to win a playoff game in the Super Bowl era is this guy:

The Detroit Lions had a coach that once uttered this line:

The Detroit Lions once had a coach that decided to die rather than coach the team another year: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_McCafferty

1 Like

Did you know the Ford family has never hired a general manager with experience? Not one! And then they wonder why they don’t win. Maybe stop hiring guys that have no idea what they’re doing? How about we start there.

3 Likes

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again…the Lions aren’t intended to “win”.
They’re designed to win enough to sell hope.
Winning cost money, playoffs cost money, superbowls cost money.
Due to NFL profit sharing, the Lions are a cash cow for the Ford family.
The primary business interest are vehicles & tires, they make a mint in Crown Victoria service vehicles alone, not to mention F150’s.
The Detroit Lions…free $ in the grand scheme of things.
I remain pleasantly surprised at the amount of fans repping at away games, no matter where they are with nary a win in sight!
The Lions are not the commodity being sold…HOPE is.

2 Likes

I think it costs extra to win too.
That’s why you’ll hear people say
It starts at the top

This really is an oddity. And I don’t dismiss Holmes experience as an assistant, I really don’t.

But, what the F? Not one time can we hire someone with a successful track record as GM?

I seriously hope that Holmes is listening to closely to John Dorsey. Holmes doesn’t seem to have an over-the-top ego (could be wrong) that would prevent him from utilizing JD’s experience.

This season should be humbling for Holmes in many ways. But if he learns from mistakes, he will have learned a lot, and it should make him a better GM moving forward.

1 Like

I know how you feel. I couldn’t believe it myself when I was researching it. You would think they’d have learned but nope. They just keep doing the exact same things over and over. I’m not sure if it’s ego or pride or just plain ignorance and stupidity. But it absolutely explains why this franchise has been among the very worst in all sports for 60 years.