@3OA with the Rams pick the Lions select?

Let’s just assume Young and Stroud go 1OA and 2OA.

The Lions sitting at 3OA have a choice between Carter, Anderson and the rest of the class.

Who do you think they will pick and who do you want them to take?

I’m leaning towards them taking Carter over Anderson. I think DT is a bigger need and Carter is a better fit.

But as for want …. Anderson was so disruptive last year it’s hard not to want to pair that with Hutch. He’d be an OLB/Edge type in our defense and would take over the C. Harris roll in my mind.

Regardless I’m hoping we go DL and CB with our first two picks.

5 Likes

1 wouldnt the rams pick be at 2 due to the sos tie breaker with the bears? Assuming the rams lose out that is…

Anyways, before free agency and eveything i would argue that carter would be the guy unless they have any faith in levi returning… with that said that selection does limit a bit the functional strength of hutch, paschal, and cominsky being able to rotate inside on 3rd downs.

I would prefer anderson as i think he would have the potential to really bring that additional juice and bend that we are hoping beyond hope houston could provide.

Regardless i agree with you that dl and cb is where i really want to go with our two 1st rd picks

2 Likes

It’s a little too early in the process to say for certain, we need to see how they measure and test (that can often be a tiebreaker). They’re both top, top prospects though.

If I had to guess I’d say Anderson (and that’s the way I would go too). I agree that iDL is a bigger need for us but to me the very top of the draft is less about need and more about drafting the most impactful player. And to me that’s Anderson. It’s the difference between like, Jeffrey Simmons and Von Miller. They’re both studs but one is a 1st ballot hall of famer style of stud.

4 Likes

Anderson

2 Likes

Kind of wish Bama were in the playoffs so we could see them both in a big stage game

I’ll be watching Carter for sure though

2 Likes

Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame :scream_cat: :scream_cat:

8 Likes

I would ask for us to get bq and mayhew out of the damn war room or fire holmes on the spot… get that out of here

1 Like

I would take Carter, bigger need and with all of these running QBs, collapsing the middle of the pocket is more important than ever.

3 Likes

I believe brad will go BLPA…Anderson, if they were both available.

DT absolutely IS the bigger need. I know Brad’s gonna build that way anyway…trenches first…and we will eventually have very good at both…

I think Brad’ll go with whoever has most impact.

Carter is going to need a Travon Walker like combine to offset his lack of production. I’m not sure he can do it.

3 Likes

I really love them both so I don’t think we could go wrong either way, but Anderson definitely has the edge. We lack a speed rusher like Anderson almost as bad as a dominant DT. I also think Andersons ceiling is just a little bit higher than Carters.

1 Like

I can’t ignore that Daron Payne has more NFL sacks this year than Carter has in his college career.

If Carter tests like A Donald at 310 pounds… I could be swayed.

Otherwise- I will trust that very… very…. Very few DTs in NFL history have been considered game wreckers for more than 6 years. I would take TJ Watt over Gerald McCoy and I think Anderson is a better project than Watt and McCoy was better than Carter…

I’d love to go back to a 3-4 D…

Sign Daron Payne
Sign Adrian Amos
Sign Marcus Cooper

Now we’ve removed most “needs” it’s about talent.

W Anderson Jr
Bijan Robinson
Brian Branch
Rashee Rice
Andrew Voorhees
M Hooker- the acl and age will push him to 5th

6 Likes

And yet in college Daron Payne had a grand total of 3 sacks.

10 Likes

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Let’s just assume both test top shelf for arguments sake.

What do Paynes college stats have to do with it?

That’s like saying Josh Allen was modest in college against weak collection… so let’s target guys who didn’t produce in college?

Payne has averaged 4.5 sacks and decent an hits numbers for a DT for 5 years. He’s stayed healthy and at 6’3” 320 he’s a high energy, high tackle run supporter too.

I would take Anderson and Payne vs any combo of a Carter and a FA edge.

I am open to suggestion though.

Xxx and J Carter is > Payne and Anderson

Who is the x

1 Like

You’re assuming we can get Payne. Obviously FA, Bowl Games and the combine will change our views on things. But right now the question is who based on the info we have before us.

1 Like

Because you literally said:

You’re comparing Payne’s pro sacks to the number of sacks Carter has in his college career. So I assumed it would be pertinent to point out how many sacks Payne had in his college career.

8 Likes

I’m taking Anderson and sending every QB on the upcoming schedule a Get Well Soon card. McNeil, Pascal, maybe Levi someday, and you draft Siaki Ika to plug the middle and let Hutch and Anderson go a-hunting. You can’t double team everyone, and one of them will get to line up on that Right Tackle.

Carter just doesn’t strike me as a generational talent at the position. Talented, yes, but more of a Gerald McCoy in terms of impact. Quite respectable.

3 Likes

Quentin Johnston
WR
HEIGHT
6’4"
WEIGHT
215 lbs
21.23 years old