He is 25 right now, in 2 years that means 27. It won’t take 5 years

WE DRAFTED
HENRY HOOKER
LETS GOOOOO

1 Like

Oh sh*t, he’s 25??

it’s a QB guys. the one position in football where age can actually help

8 Likes

I don’t really care about the age. If he were to turn into a starter, “Oh no! HE might only have a ten year career!”

14 Likes

Ezekial Ansah thinks Hooker was too old to draft.

3 Likes

We got Hooker, now all we need is a certain TE @Jman - You know the one. :wink:

And we have plenty of time. He can sit for awhile. Or, he can play well when given a chance, and some team will want to throw picks at us for him. We took 4 guys already. A project QB here is such a good idea. AND, watch Hooker throw the ball!
Yeah, I like this pick a lot.

2 Likes

Not a fan because if the Lions went QB, I would have gone big or go home and I don’t see this as going big (should have taken Levis at 34 if they wanted to swing for upside) but I do like that this might give them leverage in Goff negotiations because there’s “a guy” here now.

Love it. We now have a decent backup QB for once. If Goff leaves in a few years, he can start for 4 or 5 years as we work on developing another QB. Really like our day 2 picks.

10 Likes

My only concern is it doesn’t really help backup QB this year. He’s likely going to miss training camp and preseason. Won’t have timing with the WR’s, learning an nfl offense takes a lot of time and reps. If something happened to Goff this year it’s still Sudafed time most likely. Hooker is a more a pick to hopefully develop for the future.

2 Likes

Redshirt Hooker
Sign Teddy Bear Bridgewater

4 Likes

It’s only a third, so there’s no pressure to start him. If he serves as a capable backup and nets a pick in the future then the Lions got what they needed. If Hooker develops into the QB of the future, then we have made out like bandits getting him here.

5 Likes

At least we don’t have to refer to Shaun Hill as our last good backup qb anymore.

8 Likes

True. Very little effect THIS year. Draft for the future. Luckily, we already got FOUR guys for this year.

1 Like

2 years of sitting on a 4 year contract. Then he’ll be wanting his 50+ mil as well.

2 Likes

Not a bad idea.

1 Like

I’ve watched a bit living down here, everyone says he is smart as hell. I get the TN offense isn’t NFL caliber, but Hooker did exactly what was asked of him and picked it up fast!
Perfect situation for him to sit behind Goff and pick up the Lions offense.
He can run when needed and can throw, has a nice deep throw and make all the short to intermediate throws.

4 Likes

People thought we were taking him in the first lol

2 Likes