5th Worst Offseason?

There’s exceptions to every rule… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hill is a TE getting Qb snaps. They arent all designed runs. Kamara isnt used correctly, go ask some saints fans…

Its more than stats, maybe that is what you are missing.

8 carries… 9 yards.

Looks like Kamara is the one missing…. production.

Mark Ingram and Latavius Murray were both more effective inside the 10 yard line last year for the Saints…

I am not sure what’s going on here, but I want to be sure we are all working with the same information. Mark Ingram ran 3 times for 7 yards inside the 10. Latavius Murray ran 1 time for 1 yard. Murray only suited up for 1 game as a Saint. Andy Dalton threw 16 passes inside of the 10 yard line. Taysom Hill ran 12 times inside of the 10 and scored on nearly half of them.

By comparison Jamaal Williams had 45 carries inside the 10 while Goff had 44 passing attempts inside the 10. So it seems to me like the Saints didn’t run alot of plays inside of the opponents 10 yard line.

OL is so much more important when you get in the red zone… Especially inside the 10

3 Likes

For sure, last year at times it felt like we could tell the defense we are about to run the ball down your throat inside the 5, and they still couldn’t stop it. J-Will runs hard, but on several of the TD runs he wasn’t even touched, just walked into the endzone. RB’s dream.

1 Like

I was watching some Monty highlights last night… That cats gonna do so well with this ol

1 Like

When 33yo Mark Ingram and 32yo Latavius Murray match the stats that Kamara is putting up… I don’t know that his “usage” is the issue.

Kamara had his 2nd most carries and touches in 2022.

Maybe those Saints fans felt he got the ball too much???
:man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

1 Like

Mark Ingram had 3 carries.

Latavius Murray had 1 carry.

What am I missing?

Kamara had 8 carries… for 9 yards… inside the 10.

Kamara had 20 carries for 39 yards in the red zone.

In 2021… Kamara had 17 carries for 11 yards inside the 10 yard line.
and 40 carries for 87 yards in the redzone.

It wasn’t a “usage” issue. He didn’t produce.

The weird thing is that Kamara was more efficient with less carries in his first 4 seasons… so maybe the problem is they are handing him the ball too much…

He had some off field issues that are bleeding into his performance, man.
Team has been sucking hard, and that contributes.
Also, who knows whatever nagging injury could be contributing?

GIbby is gonna slaughter all of 'em!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.