A couple of late-round WR's

Well, we didn’t get one in the first 3 rounds but we did your guy Amon-Ra St. Brown.

I’m totally stoked with the WR’s we came away with, although I would have liked to have gotten a lightning quick slot guy.

I love that we got Jonathan Adams, he reminds me of Golladay. 6’3" with a 39" vertical is 3.5" higher than Golladay’s vert…but KG might be an inch taller. I actually think he can be someone that can make the roster.

Here’s a good video to watch:

I think Javon McKinley is the best of the UDFA WRs or in the very least the most talented. His signing bonus/guaranteed money seems to indicate this is the Lions belief as well. He’s got the pedigree and to be honest if life (injuries & his own dumbass behaviors he probably has a much more decorated career and is a fairly high draft pick. What’s odd is that when he was recruited his character/academics, etc. were consider elite and then he kind of lost his way for a bit. Like all of the rookie WRs he’s also a damn good blocker.

Amon-ra St. Brown was #11 WR in his highschool class. He put-up 20 reps at 6’1"-194lbs.

“After we drafted St. Brown, I felt like people would get off my ass about not getting a receiver,” Holmes said with a laugh, when asked the most important thing he accomplish in his first draft.

The kid is ripped to shit.

Good call on Jonathan Adams, I like that guy

I also like Adams. I love the way he plays but he’s got one fatal flaw in his game that bugs me. Drops … he drops way too many footballs. Ones he should catch too. He clearly has concentration problems or butter-finger-itus. But he can play.

I’m hoping Campbell has him catching ball from the pitching machine 1hr before and after practice every day.

His dad might have lifted some weights back in the day. Not sure.

1 Like

I was surprised we didn’t have the run on WR’s this year in late round two like we’ve had the last couple drafts. I was expecting a lot of these guys to fall from late round two to late round 3 and they didn’t. Which pushed some good WR’s into round 4 and 5.

I really thought both Browns would be gone by our second 3rd round pick.

I hope we get to see Cephus One thing that irritated me last year was seeing Fulgham tear it up with the Eagles(for half a season but still). I was like “why the f**k didn’t we play him again?”

How did Seattle end up with tamorrion Terry and Cade Johnson as UDFA?

They likely have room for both on their roster if they keep 6. Johnson and Eskrisge does seem redundant though.

It will be interesting to see if and who the Lions pick up this week. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a S, WR, DL or LB signed and some upgrades to the depth chart. With about 12M in cap space after signing our draft class, I think we’ll see a multi year contract this time.

They signed only 85 players for a reason, leaving room for 5 more. I’ll be shocked if there isn’t some activity this week.

1 Like