A Defensive Draft Thread, No QB talk allowed

Based on what I’ve read, he looks like a good corner that had a good year last year. Good physical traits. Had a knee sprain this year that kept him out. First injury in his career. Good looking prospect that has been given the avoidance treatment by opposing offenses this year. Could definitely be worth considering.

I can see that

Agree. I ran the PFN sim several times in a row last night Lloyd and Dean were gone by the Rams pick every time

CB Gardner with the Rams pick Brandon Smith and Muma later as LBers would be nice consolation

I know that YOU know you’ve had this discussion before with many of us. You’ve been provided explanations and lists, and most times you don’t respond after it happens.

Yeah… I don’t who “Lists” plays for this season.

I have asked several times for people to say 1 name. Just one.

I think Holmes has already shown he can make magic with low-round/undrafted CBs. He did it in LA and has done it here in year one.

He hasn’t yet with WRs and probably needs to take some high-talent guys with high picks as a result.

Several people on here have done it already in reply to you over the past month and a half. You know this.

The offense is actually a lot more complete than many people think. The o-line is set, TE and RB are set. We need a WR early, maybe with the Rams pick. We could also use another TE to backup Hock, perhaps in the mid rounds. And then I got no issues with loading up on defense. We need pass rushers, linebackers, safeties. You name it, we need it.

I’m not counting on Okudah or R. Okwara for next year. Both tore their achilles and that is a rough surgery. Counting on them to start the season would be foolish. They might be back by mid season though. Rushing them back could lead to re-injury so they should take their time especially with the money we have invested in both of them. When I used to coach HS basketball, one of my players popped his achilles a 2nd time because he tried to come back too soon, the other coaches and I told him to take it slow and he decided to play some pickup ball 6 months into recovery and blew it out again. Needed to have the same surgery again. It was brutal for the poor kid. Took him about 2 years to fully recover, and even then he wasn’t the same.

1 Like

Yup. Zero clue what to expect from Bear.
Little clue what to expect from the others.
Very volatile situation.

Do you have an answer for him or not? Which WR should we have drafted? Are you really suggesting that we should’ve taken Smith over Sewell? Or are you suggesting that Rondale Moore in round 2 would have drastically changed our fortunes? Or is is Dyami Brown in round 3? Who precisely are you talking about?

1 Like

Not true. It has not been “several” people.
TC Mouse was the only person with a specific response, and it still had an “or” in it.

Here is one of those posts… and not 1 WR name was offered in response.

Here is 1 of the responses I got in a different thread…

Here is the answer TC Mouse offered… and kudos to him for being the most specific.

@wesleysh21 also pointed out that Sammy Watkins wasn’t going to pick the Lions over the Ravens for equal money… so who knows how much more he would have wanted to be here. I’ll also point out that Watkins has failed to reach 700 yards in 6 straight seasons… and currently has 27 catches.

Rondale Moore would be nice to have, but is also a short slot guy… with injury history. He has not had 60+ yards since week 2, even with D-Hop missing 3.5 games (AJ Green missed week 9 also).
Terrace Marshall could certainly be a good WR some day, but he had major medical flags due to a previous dislocated ankle as well. He currently is 4th on Panthers WRs with 14 catches for 116 yards (8.3 ypc).

I’m a guy that wanted Rondale Moore in the 2nd. I didn’t say anything about “drastically changing our fortunes” this year. Sometimes drafts aren’t for this year, and you know that quite well as you have repeatedly told me and others that Levi Onwuzurike sucking this year isn’t a big deal because “he will be good.”

Getting a guy like Moore could have paid big dividends down the road. Instead, Holmes botched it big time and so they’re still in dire straits this offseason because they still don’t have a #1 OR #2 guy at that position.

1 Like

OK… sounds good.

Moore has some definite potential. I would have been good with taking him too. His injury with the hamstring made a little nervous because he is so muscled up… but they don’t all become chronic issues.

I hope Levi O. makes us all happy before long… and I have seen some play that has me encouraged. Ultimately… if he becomes an above average starter, I don’t have any issue bypassing WR this year.

Still have a lot of beans… and more cash to spend to get a few WRs. :+1:

1 Like

Levi was an overdraft. I don’t know why every regime year after year blows the second round picks. Levi was probably 4th round talent

Right! And I think having Campbell as coach can help bring in guys that may not otherwise have come to the franchise. Here’s hoping they get some good weapons for Goff/whoever comes next.

2 Likes

Did they move up to get him, or was that McNeil? I’m pretty sure I remember us sliding up a bit to snag one of those two…

Holmes almost traded up for Levi but didnt.

He didnt trade up for McNeil

He traded up for Barnesy

2 Likes

I won’t lie to ya, but I’ll daaaamn sure misremember some stuff. lol. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well…he did wanna trade back into round 1 for Levi

Dorsey told him to be patient

1 Like

Okay. That’s perfectly understandable. Electric athlete albeit a diminutive one. That’s all
You had to say.

1 Like