A few interesting sites regarding injuries and team facilities

This is interesting to me because even though the Lions had the sixth most AGL (which i believe is an acronym for Adjusted Games Lost?) in 2022 (they were third in 2021) they finished with a winning record overall and won eight of their final ten. To me, this is indicative of the job the front office is doing regarding quality DEPTH and why this years FA additions provide even more optimism for the Lions. It’s why the good teams stay good. I was surprised because it seemed as though last season was one of the better for the Lions concerning AGL but the two starting guards missing the entire season as well as Jammo missing a huge chunk really impacted it. And to think, that Oline was still one of the best and the O as a whole was rated one of the best in the NFL, speaks volumes about the quality depth the staff is bringing in…well that and coaching up the newbies…

The other site which is linked in that AGL article and below, is interesting because it grades the teams from a players perspective, via the NFLPA. The Lions were actually the lowest rated NFC Norris team while the Vikings were number one OVERALL in the NFL, with the Lions coming in at 15 overall. The NFLPA report makes mention that they would be tracking the situation in KC where their training staff earned and F- and that the players felt pressured not to report injuries.

Oh and interestingly the NFLPA report essentially concluded that there is very little correlation between these grades and the number of injuries teams incur during a season, meaning the worse the grade does not mean more injuries…sort of… :crazy_face:

1 Like

I saw this article and it does explain a lot. We have been swimming against a pretty heavy current the last few years. The good news is it has only made us stronger. If we can revert back to middle of the pack it will help, but with our improving depth and current regime we are proving we can take the punches and still win. If we have an abnormally healthy year other teams are in trouble :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agree and that’s why I still think we draft a CB with either 6 or 18, probably 18 because I can see a trade up to grab Anderson at 3 and then Witherspoon at 18. The FA signings give them the luxury of spending draft capital to get their guy.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.