A little surprise for Spielman

It is interesting they are doing this now, a few weeks after the CJ thing… very possible it’s a coincidence as far as timing… but they could’ve done this a long time ago too.

Maybe this is a sign of Sheila’s influence, wanting to honor the players as much as they can? Or maybe it’s also they want to add a good note on the ring of honor quickly?

Anyway, I thought the same thing. But Spielman absolutely deserves it

2 Likes

Lol - Yup! For sure.

1 Like

My thoughts too.

1 Like

Goodness knows they need to do a little recovery after the CJ debacle.

And hopefully the Eagles game can be a win!

2 Likes

Great organizations need to do this for people that work their butts off and sacrifice themselves. It also helps attract free agents.

See! We can nail a second round pick, every other decade

3 Likes

Really weird tat we miss on 2nd rounders. Very strange.

Haha so true. Louis Delmas was a 2nd rounder, he was solid for us for a few years. Can’t think of many more good recent 2nd rounders.

Hoping Swift and Levi can continue to improve and break this 2nd round curse.

Swift is a weapon, for sure. He doesn’t appear to be the leader though, at least not consistently. I like him as the hot sauce on the breakfast burrito, but we need a face smasher too. Williams has been pretty B+ at it.

If we had a more consistent passing attack, we could get a better evaluation of what those guys truly bring. Swift can be tough at times, but he’s spotty with it. Sometimes he goes down too easy, while other times he fights his ass off. This tells me it’s not his nature, and he has to conjure it up in himself. That energy exists within him, but it is not the biggest part of who he is. He’s more the sneaky MF’r that scares the shit out of everyone in the open field.

1 Like

Swift is a better receiver than he is a natural running back from what I’ve seen the past 2 seasons. Very good in space and hard to cover. Running in between the tackles, he hasn’t impressed me much. His 3.3 yards per carry this year shows that.

But, he’s a good weapon in space.

1 Like

The thing about Spielman that was always so impressive was that he wasn’t that big. Maybe six foot? And he wasn’t that fast. He just made plays. Good for him.

1 Like