Additional Injuries to the DL

Harris and Cominsky sound questionable now. Hopefully Bryant is back.

Hutch’s injury just being a charley horse is very good news.

5 Likes

Yeah seems like his is fine. So J Okwara is back but is more more than a third and long rusher?

The DL was gassed by the end of the game. I’d like to see 6 guys able to rush the passer to keep the pressure up. This game they had 5 + pittman/barnes and still got tired.

3 Likes

Agreed, we need more fresh bodies. Pittman got only 2 reps and Barnes didn’t play a snap on defense though. Using Barnes as an edge rusher might be a good idea. He clearly has struggled with play recognition playing inside and in coverage. Maybe he can get after the QB, he does have some speed and did play some D-end in college for one season.

Was great to see Julian back out there getting pressure.

2 Likes

Board as well, he had a couple of impact rushes week one vs Hurts off the edge. Also had a nice blitz pressure up the middle on that first Hutchinson sack, he was the one that got Wentz moved off of his spot initially

1 Like

Nice to see Swift break out of his shell and address the team “breakdown”. May be wrong, but he never seemed very vocal.

5 Likes

You’d think that having a successful running attack would keep the D off the field, but, that hasn’t been the case. The Commies had more clock time than we did.
Clock management is the coaching staffs weakness. They need to step it up.

After a spectacular 1st half the D gave up well over 300 yards of offense in the 2nd. That’s horrific. No wonder they were gassed.

What? Barnes is the greatest LB to ever have graced a football field, he’s just being held back by Dan Campbell, the guy who praised him in the offseason.
Here’s Cap reading your post.

3 Likes

Out of likes!!! Like! haha

3 Likes

Commiskey out now

https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/1572644267398504450?t=g7iih-frwVhvUyFYbbAkKg&s=19

2 Likes

Shit, he’d been surprisingly playing well. When we acquired him I didn’t even think he would make the team.

#62 you’re up!!

6 Likes

One of the league leaders in pressure at iDL.

3 Likes

This is why you have a million DL. If the Lions can make due for a few more weeks, help should be coming back.

2 Likes

Time to see Taylor!!

3 Likes

Yep, we should have an UDFA in Demetrius Taylor plus Isaiah Buggs and Benito Jones, who were cut from Pitt and Phins this year, to fill in for the Commish who was cut from the Falcons earlier this year.

What, me worry?

3 Likes

Looks like it was thumb surgery.

I’ve got to believe he won’t need to go on IR. I would think he could play again, albeit perhaps with a club on his hand, within the next few weeks.

2 Likes

Problem is these guys are all pretty much solely interior right? Commish was playing a fair amount of outside.

We got Julian, Hutch and Harris for sure coming off the edge. What’s the word on Bryant? He missed last week.

True, but apparently Bryant and JOkwara are back and healthy. Hell, maybe they’ll plug and play Dan Skipper on the D line. Experience is so over-rated. LOL

1 Like