Adopted a cat today

Awesome! Good for you my friend. I’ve been holding off after my Mainecoon buddy, T-Bone, passed 4 years ago. I hope you have many years of snuggles together. Name…how about Wakahanda

2 Likes

Niiice!

Maine coons are cool cats. I tried to adopt one a few months ago. Though in Portland cats for adoption since the pandemic are a hot commodity. there’s long waiting lists for every cat. Kind of got lucky with this one, aside from some early litter avoidance (he peed on the guest bed today) he seems like a great cat

for now there’s a shower curtain on the guest bed and he won’t be leaving that room until he’s using the box regularly

2 Likes

Get a Litter Robot.

1 Like

I have a buddy who loves his. Their home do3snt’ smell at all

1 Like

Great investment… little smell and not messing with scooping poop(priceless).

1 Like

Going to start making my own cat food. I found this guide that sounds legit. I have access to a commercial kitchen anyway and it looks way more healthy. And the poo don’t smell

3 Likes

My buddy (same guy that has the automated litter box) has a 1500 cat (rag doll or baby doll, or something like that). They make their own cat food.

1 Like

My dog was 1200 and I had to drive out to Dallas to get him. Imagine me loving my dog knowing he’s from a place with the team I hate the most.

2 Likes

Such a brutal inner conflict to carry with ya, man.
Has to be rough.

1 Like

Dallas dog lives on the beach now. We are both confused as heck but figuring things out. :joy:

2 Likes

Every. Single. One of us, man!
Never trust the guy who “has it all figured out”…The craziest ppl are the ones that don’t know they are.

Nice, raw diets are so good for dogs and cats! I know more about dog than cat food (and by more I mean still very little) but when we got our boxer the breeder recommended raw diet. She does really well on it. I was going to try to learn how to make her food at one point, but it required getting tripe and other organs, and while I wasn’t opposed to it, it did seem to be a bit of work especially if you’re trying to make it in just a kitchen etc… so, frozen raw is simple. Quite a few good companies and a lot of pet stores carry them.

Also love all the animal love in this thread! I had a cat for a number of years but moved a lot and fortunately my cousin was able to take him in. He’s still kickin’, about 15-16 now. He loved to catch and play with chipmunks when he was a half outside/inside cat… now he’s just inside which is probably a good thing, he liked to wander the neighborhood.

Anyway, here’s our sweet little psycho

4 Likes

Great thread. @TNutZz Congrats on the new member of the family.

Cat, Dogs, fish, lizards and ferrets. My house is a zoo. Lol! Currently have 2 dogs and 2 cats of our own but…
My wife volunteers for a place called Shelter to Home and we foster. Currently we have 8 kittens and 4 cats. So 16 dogs and cats. We definitely are animal lovers. Planning on starting our own shelter down the rode. I think I like animals more than people LOL!

We take in strays, abandons. My wife has an incubator to help save kittens when they are first born and abandoned.

Its very rewarding. We’ve saved and adopted out over 70 kittens and cats the past 2 years. Hard to part with them but seeing them go to a good home and how happy people are when they pick them up is awesome.

If anyone is in Michigan, Detroit/downriver area and needs a kitten or cat hit me up anytime. We get them all their shots and have them spaded or neutered before we adopt them out.

Great seeing everyone’s fur babies!

6 Likes

One of my two childhood cats was a main coon cat. It was a stray that we found in a Tree. Cool enough cat for the most part but that feral side never quite went away. He’s mess you up from time to time.

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool Count. It must be an adventure with all those kittens flying around! Ours is half sweet and half batshit crazy. He loves to be around us and cuddle up and sleep right by our heads and purr. But when he’s not being sweet he flies around like a demon-weasel at mach speed. Just a blur of fur and claws

In fact my wife couldn’t settle on a name so we kind of settled on demon-weasel which turned into Dweezil.

6 Likes

I had a black cat once. She was pretty cool. She’d play fetch. Back when Kit-Kat bars were wrapped in aluminum I would toss the wrapper toward the waste basket and more often than not, miss. (Never did like basketball.) After 10 or so minutes up pops Sophie. She jumped up and dropped the wadded up wrapper on my lap. So we’d play fetch all the time. All the time. I’ve always had Labrador retrievers. She was worse than any Lab I’d ever had. ALL THE TIME. After that I’d find other stuff, little cat toys, sticks, Q-tips, other wadded up paper products (trash bound stuff. I never could hit that damn basket)all over. On my chair, in the bed, on the table, nightstand, in the bathroom, etc. Yup, she was one cool cat. Had to get rid of her, though. My place got robbed and some stuff was stolen. She didn’t do squat about it. Just let the thief waltz in and take my stuff, so I had to get another dog. They didn’t get alone and my sister loved my cat so it wasn’t a big deal. I like dogs and cats. Oh, the stories I could tell.

4 Likes

Cool name TNutZz I like that.
I know all about the blur of fur. These little guys zip around at all hours then they’ll pass out lol.
Dweezil looks like a cool cute lil cat congrats man.

2 Likes

We adopted three cats.
The last is from an earthquake-affected area.
People had to leave ruined homes and leave pets and we took a little white cat.
Now the number of adopted animals in our home has increased to four.

6 Likes

We adopted a black cat on Friday the 13th named Salem! … Felt like it was kinda of sign. He also plays fetch and will do it for hours. Its like a dog.

4 Likes