After working through self-doubt and broken jaw, Lions' DeShon Elliott has found his way

2 Likes

He’s on of my favorite players. He hits like a truck, is decent at covering tight ends and looks cool as hell out there playing safety with # 5. I’m
Hoping we re-sign him. Walker, Elliott and Joseph makes for a good trip with Iffy hopefully being healthy next season to be the fourth guy

4 Likes

I think Holmes deserves credit for bringing him in. He gets a lot of flack for his free agents, despite the fact he has said openly that he is trying to build the team through the draft and not through signing free agents to big money deals.

Some of these guys he’s brought in (one way or another) have been just enough to keep us afloat. Like Elliott, Buggs, and Evan Brown.

3 Likes

Agree, but with Brown, he was brought in by the prior regime.

Brown was re-signed on January 5, 2021.

Holmes was named GM on January 14, 2021.

Nonetheless, give Holmes credit for re-signing Brown for 2022:

3 Likes

Thanks, I had forgotten. Its funny how people nicked Brad, but really he’s been fairly good and finding cheap talent. Evan Brown aside, you could point to even more guys like Josh Reynolds, Brock Wright, Kalif Raymond, Cominsky, Jacobs. He manages to find players that we can use quite well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.