Agnew to Jax

FYI - Davis went to the Jets.

Jags or Jets … ahhh what’s it matter. They are both NFL teams and both suck… lol

But I wouldn’t laugh too hard. It wouldn’t shock me if both the Jets and the Jags have a better season than us.

We got to stop assuming these deals are real until the real numbers come out.

Aaron Jones deal was really 4 for 38 and not 4 for 48.

I’d bet this one is similar

1 Like

Agreed, the agents love to put spin in the media to make it seem like the contracts are bigger than they really are. I’d be shocked if Agnew is guaranteed anything close to 21 mill.

Yep. I expect Adrian Peterson to the Jags for 3 years 40M.

4 Likes

yes, I was speaking to the aggregate knowing they were separate destinations

Yep - according to sportstrac he got a 3 year deal for 14.2 mil. 4 mil guaranteed. 3.5 was in the form of a SB.

|Contract:|3 yr(s) / $14,250,000|
|Signing Bonus|$3,500,000|
|Average Salary|$4,750,000|
|Total Guarantees|$4,000,000|
|Guaranteed at Signing|$4,000,000|

His base salary in 2021 is only 1mil. Which means this is really just a one year 5 mil deal.

3 Likes

Add Shaq griffin and Tyson Alualu to the list. Don’t think jags are close to finished either

That makes a lot more sense.

I see where the heart icon is. Where’s the frowny face?

I definitely expect the Jags to have a better season than the Lions.

I expect the Jags to have a solid 15 years ahead of them thanks to their #1OA pick this year.

With the changes to rules that limit kickoff returns, and more teams seeming to emphasize forcing fair catches in punt game… anyone else fell that this seems rich for a guy primarily playing special teams?

It is kind of disappointing… guys like Devin Hester or Mel Gray would not have the same value… and excitement… today that they used to have before the rule changes. I know the concussions have dropped… which is great… but still can’t help but miss the awesome kick returns we longer see on a regular basis.

3 Likes

:frowning:
:frowning_face:
:frowning_man:

Good point. Special teams are becoming less and less special.

bart simpson episode 6 GIF

1 Like

So they got 3 former Lions at roughly 5-7mil/season each?