Amari Cooper likely to be released

I would love Cooper just the type player we’re looking for. And it’s ok to pay alittle as we have not much money spent there. St Brown on Rookie deal, Bo Cephus is cheap, if we resign Reynolds he shouldn’t be to much either. So we can afford to spend alittle on a true #1.

Can we trade flowers and a 6th for him lol

He’s had a myriad of lower body injuries though he’s generally played through them.

Bears have Mooney who is a stud. I hope we don’t touch a-rob with a 10 foot pole unless he comes cheap. He looked done last year, I know he was coming off of an injury but still…something didn’t look right.

Thanks. I should’ve said he doesn’t miss a lot of games. Most, if not all players have injuries.

No worries. I totally agree that he’s worth kicking the tires on. I’d imagine there will be quite a bit of competition for his services though.

1 Like

Yeah he’s only mised 5 games in 7 years, and 2 of those games were do to the covid protocols, which are finally gone!

He’s probably going to be very expensive though, not sure the Lions are going to get into bidding wars.

Yeah, I’d be even willing to trade a late round pick to them to assure his services and possibly redo his contract.

2 Likes

That may be the way to go, as if he is cut and gets the freedom to sign anywhere, we are probably far down his list.

I would think so too. But, I am starting to wonder how much of the culture gets around the league. All you ever hear is about how players will run through walls for Campbell, and how much of a player’s Coach he is. I honestly won’t be surprised when we land a big name free agent.

1 Like

As a person whose been a Cooper fantasy owner twice, I do not want to pay him 20 million a year. He always disappoints :rofl:

The nice thing is that floods the WR market a little more. A team that might sign, say, Godwin, or DJ Chark, might sign Cooper now and make those other guys more attainable.

2 Likes

Yep, large pool of WRs in FA market and in the draft
You’d think Holmes & Co have no excuse not to solve the WR problem this offseason

One FA, one draft pick
Good enough?
Not sure …

Looks like a trade might happen with Jacksonville.

This is a proposal suggested by a bleacher report writer. And that writer isn’t even suggesting that it’s a proposal made by one of the teams, it’s just something that he pulled out of the air. He’s got six other “Blockbuster Trade Proposals”.

We all know these bleacher report writers and other internet writers have all these NFL contacts and inside info. So no matter how crazy their hot takes are their has to be truth to it.

So I’m told anyway.