Amid the gloom, here's a rather large positive

The o-line is legit.

8 Likes

Nfl Draft Football GIF by Detroit Lions

9 Likes

That stat is a bit misleading because of Goff running.

Day Leg GIF

3 Likes

Not really. Because he’s running, not scrambling. He’s made his few big gains in designed QB runs. As far as I’m concerned, that counts.

1 Like

It was a joke. Guys like Lamar Jackson and Mike Vick skew rushing stats. Not a Jared Goff.:rofl:

2 Likes

You can’t stop Goff, you can only hope to contain him…

More seriously, Goff has to take those free yards occasionally when it’s clear the defense is ignoring him, so our RBs have a little less resistance when they get the ball.

5 Likes

Running game has been awesome. Honestly have been disappointed in how little explosion we’ve gotten from Swift given the lanes he’s had.

We are currently 14th is team rushing and only 10 yards from a top ten rushing team

We are averaging plus five yards an attempt

Fact is we are doing ok….

2 Likes

We are averaging plus 20 yards a game compared to last year, but over an extra yard per carry and currently projected to match last years TD output….

With decker out, Nelson starting as a convert and a new QB and new OC and HC and system…

I’m happy

1 Like

Ragnow and Jonah Jackson seem to work well together in the running game.
I’ve seen some truck-sized holes.

1 Like

Imagine having this running game with even just a competent defense…

4 Likes

Still tracking for #1 pick! That’s good news.

We may have 1,32, and 33.

I’d prefer a nine game winning streak and the playoffs but that’s just little ol me!

What the hell is a competent defense?

What Is That Michael J Fox GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

I’m a Lions fan, that sounds foreign.

“Yuck it up, funny boy. I got 10 rush tds in the last 5 years. How many does Matt-thuselah got, huh ?! You can kiss my gawky baby giraffe ass…”
J. Goff

That’s the most noticeable difference to me. This year you can see the hole opening up even if you’re just casually watching. If we weren’t constantly behind two scores or more I’m convinced we’d have a top 5 running game.

2 Likes

Our two game average is only 30 yards from that right now!

And more positive perspective…,

11 team currently have less than 100 yards total rushing in two games….

That will start showing up next year, all part of the master plan.

Ragnow and Jackson were blowing up the interior of that Packers DL all through the first half. I can’t remember seeing that ever throughout the last 12 years.

Honestly, it’s one of the few exciting things about this team so far.

And this one was Ragnow and Vaitai – who looks way better back at guard.
Day-um! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes