Amon-Ra and the run game

Put him in motion and he either takes the handoff, becomes a lead blocker OR runs a route. More options than the D wants to be responsible for.

3 Likes

The reason Deebo was likely getting tired of it is he was literally being used as a traditional RB. Down the stretch and into the playoff he would line up in the backfield and take handoff 6+ times a game.

1 Like

Yes, all for Amon-Ra getting a couple more run game touches.

Here’s why- hopefully it means less touches for Jamal Williams when he’s subbing in to spell Swift. Williams just isn’t very good

1 Like

Williams isn’t good, he’s VERY good. Led the team with 42 first downs. Need 2, got 2 1/2. People act like his ypc are some kind of indication of his effectiveness. It wasn’t, it isn’t. He isn’t suppose to be Swift, he’s suppose to be good at his job. He is.

1 Like

I’ll go back to an idea we had last year… which wasn’t used much at all… but I’d like to see 2 RBs on the field with Swift lined up at a WR position.

He could be a matchup problem if the other team covers him with a LB that isn’t good in coverage…. or… my main hope… would be to use him on jet sweep action.

J-W or Netflix might have a little more room between the tackles if the defense is concerned about Swift hitting the edge with a running start.

1 Like

And he fits our cultural perfectly. Dan is about authenticity. Jamal is that in spades and a good, hard working and productive pro to boot. I hope we extend him.

1 Like

I’d rather see JJ than Netflix

3 Likes

fair enough….

He was thrown at 28x and had 26 catches, although he averaged under 6 yards per catch that’s a 92.9% catch rate. He had 179 touches overall, that’s 82 more than Amon-Ra so almost double.

I’m not a big believer in Netflix but Stranger Things have happened.

6 Likes

Did you say this when he was a Green Bay Packer as well? Personally I loved it when he was on the field vs the Lions then because it meant going against an average player

@Mongoose there is the rub. The Lions D was so bad that we knew we were giving up the first down anyway. You just wanted the guy who would get less yards while he did it.

We can only be so lucky for people to start thinking the same about us.

2 Likes

I definitely didn’t fall for the hype when he had preseasons success… and actually took heat from some here because I pointed out how he was running against 3rd string dudes on well blocked plays.

I did like his regular season production… but also will point out a few of those plays were really well blocked as well.

He’s not super explosive by any stretch… but kind of like CJ Anderson IMO… big, shifty, decent vision.

I think JJ has more juice… so hope he has hit the weights and can stay healthy!

2 Likes

He’s Hines Ward Jr. to me. The Steelers used to use him in the running game as well.

2 Likes

Exactly he’s a mismatch nightmare to defend. I think Swift and St. Brown are really going to benefit from having speed on the outside now with Chark and J-Mo!

1 Like

I think if Hines and Golden Tate had a baby…it would be Sungod. He’s more like Ward than Tate, but he’s got some Tate in him too, IMO. I agree w/you about using him in the run game, for sure.

2 Likes

Big time. Hoch too.

1 Like

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

1 Like

The Office Thats GIF

2 Likes

:muscle: :joy: