Amon Ra is that guy

He may be faster than Kupp and Hines but there are plenty of DBs who are faster than him (DB is probably the fastest position on the field for most teams). Plus they often have the angle. Waddle got caught from behind this week too. So did Deebo. Those guys are really fast.

2 Likes

All true!
…Ain’t nobody catching JaMoss from behind though!

1 Like

When Jamo can take the top off the defense and Amon Ra can own EVERYTHING underneath…

PLUS D-Swift having to be accounted for…

PLUS our Line when healthy…

Maybe Goff can be enough…*

• Edited to say I didn’t mean that as a knock on Goff. More of an honest assessment that he can deliver the ball in that situation so that we don’t need to invest stupid money in a shiny QB

• Further edited to say this was an optimistic post about a potential three headed monster on O!

Any further needed edits will just result in deletion lol

2 Likes

I’d be more than happy with that coming off an ACL, get your feet wet, get some experience this year and then go wild in year 2.

Kupp is a great run blocker as well… so I can’t say ARSB is better… but they are both great at it.

In terms of speed… ARSB actually had a faster 40 time… and there GPS times are similar. Kupp did have elite SS and 3-cone times though…. but ARSB had very solid times as well.

2 Likes

My takeaway…
In summary…if you hang around smart ppl, you get smarter.
Thanks for the intel, brother.

1 Like
2 Likes

ARSB looks like a beast, but until he takes over a Super Bowl like Kupp did I can’t say he’s better

Incorrect. Step that positivity up Natty. He’s not going to be Moss Light, he’s going to be The Only Jamo.

3 Likes

Moss-like speed and style.
Not as tall.
BETTER attitude.
MORE commitment.
Surrounded by BETTER brotherhood and coaching!

He’s truly a special talent.

Moss Lite…Jamo…

C’mon man it’s 1:30 on a Wednesday don’t whet my whistle just yet!

3 Likes

Gotta love WRs that are bouty-bout blocking.

Maybe he can convince TJ to do some extra reps on the Juggs machine with him…

for kicks here’s his Bleacher Report pre draft scouting:

—Doesn’t consistently create separation and is forced to come down with a lot of contested catches.

—Struggles to accelerate quickly after the catch. Catch-and-tackle type that will win on his releases but lack of ability to pull away lets defenders catch up.

—Short and intermediate route running will continue to need work if he will primarily operate from the slot at the next level.

—Can get a little crazy and off-balanced when trying to block. Tries to do too much.

—Plays more to his speed testing numbers than his jump testing.

For the NFL, St. Brown’s best role would be as a power slot type of player who you can play for spells on the outside. This would feature his strong blocking, feel on routes, and tough play and hide some of his play speed deficiencies and lack of ability to create with the ball in his hands. Think of him as an efficient No. 3-type piece for a good offense, but not an explosive player.

@BigNatty

That’s what she said.

4 Likes

beautiful use of one-upmanship.
THat’s a very “next level” “that’s what she said”

Thank you for that, bro. :muscle: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They sure missed on that one. St. Brown is like the 7/11, open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

2 Likes

right. The screen shot only covers offensive players I believe. not sure whether WRs or DB’s as a group are faster, but in a game, the WR of course is also carrying a football, while DB’s can lunge to cover those last few steps. So its not surprising that they can be caught, even by someone arguably slower than them.

St. Brown will be on SportsCenter at noon tomorrow

1 Like

I think this is happening already. Loved the way Jamo celebrated with ARSB after his second touchdown. They’re a brotherhood already. Its going to be very interesting when Jamo plays.

6 Likes

Wow. Sure glad someone hated on him and he dropped into our lap!

3 Likes