Another argument for Bijan

Which part of his game do you consider “not complete” (prior to the injury that is).

He’s faster. He’s tougher to tackle (Bijan listed at 6’0" 220 and Corum 5’8" 210). Few RB’s are better built.

Both can catch the ball out of the backfield but neither was featured in that regard (less than 2 catches per game for both). Both can take on blitzers in pass protection.

I haven’t watched enough Robinson interviews and interactions with the media to know how he’d fit in with our grit culture. I KNOW that Corum would fit in perfectly.

Prior to injury I would much rather have had Corum on the team vs Robinson but the injury did happen and who knows how he will turn out.

1 Like

And then do what? Flame out when they play the teams with good QBs and actual passing games? Yeah from our perspective that looks great, but we’re the most starved fanbase in the league. They had their playoff run a few years back, but the razor-thin margin for error of that style caught up to them against KC. One mistake and the floodgates opened. The Titans have no future unless they get with the times.

2 Likes

Well that’s totally inaccurate and just your opinion most everywhere he is a top 5 talent. But you don’t see it Ok.
Ray Charles Laugh GIF

1 Like

Size is a huge concern, he has limitations because of it such as running through tackles, pass protection as well as length while operating as a receiver. Corum may be able to catch a football on a swing pass, but Robinson is running NFL WR routes which is why he averages over 10 yards per catch. Robinson has several elite traits, Corum has zero. He’s a bleh back, much like Devin Singletary, but faster.

1 Like

Agreed, they’re a team that can’t play from behind. You start playing big boy teams, you need to be able to put up points if you can’t run and play defense. That’s what’s so great about this Lions team, we really can hang with anyone on any given day.

3 Likes

Thats why he goes top 5 in so many mock drafts…

Yes Robinson is a better receiving threat, but ive yet to see Robinson do something running the ball that Corum cant. Breaking tackles? There is a reason Corum was money on the goalline, he breaks tackles and moves piles all day long.

Then you haven’t watched Bijan’s film, homer

Also…

1. NFL Team Logo for Lions Detroit Lions: Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas

Under general manager Brad Holmes, the Lions have taken elite talents and not reached for need. Hence, I could see them taking the best player in the 2023 NFL Draft, like Robinson. D’Andre Swift is a talented back, but he is incapable of staying healthy and handling a big work load. Swift is definitely not worthy of a big extension. Jamaal Williams is also an impending free agent. Even if Williams is re-signed, he is more of a solid No. 2 and not a dynamic game changer. Jared Goff helped guide the Rams to the Super Bowl thanks to a dominant running game with Todd Gurley and a good defense. Robinson is a running back who has the potential to become a Lions legend that reminds their fanbase of the Barry Sanders days.

2 Likes

Which one is that from?

Charlie Campbell from 1/20/23

1 Like

Good thing we have a top 10 passing game, with a star WR, a top 8 QB, a top 5 OL. A stud RB is all this team lacks offensively to be a top unit for the next 4-5 years.

2 Likes

4 picks in the top 60… Heaven forbid we use one of them on an elite offensive talent :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I really like Bijan, my thing with Bijan is that is he THAT much better at #6 or #18 than a guy like Charbonnet or Spears or McBride later in the draft?

I don’t know. There’s so much RB talent in this draft, I don’t know if it makes sense to draft Bijan early. Glad I don’t have to make the decision. RB is so undervalued, I think you can find a stud in the 5th round in this draft.

4 Likes

Yes for me!

1 Like

:eyes:

:smirk::wink::thinking:

sanford and son GIF

1 Like

I’m fine with that. I just think there’s are other, cheaper ways to find him. Tank Bigsby could be a stud RB for us.

1 Like

NOT me.
You watched Corum run against Big 10 competition (and a few early patsies) behind a REALLY good offensive line. Look at the Ohio State game this year. They had one of the best defenses in the big 10 and Edwards went off for 216 yards on 22 carries. Ever think it was the place as much as the player.

Would I like him on my team, with this OL, hell ya!! Is he all that? not quite.

The year before he was behind Haskins, so Harbaugh obviously thought he was not as good as Haskins. and how has Haskins performed in the NFL?

3 Likes

Corum has terrific feet and vision, to go with good contact balance and lateral agility. The OSU game and Illinois and even TCU it was clear they missed Corum. Edwards is not as good in confined space, his long speed accounts for his yardage. 2 runs vs osu for 155 of his yds at the end of the 4th

He was behind Haskins because he was younger and smaller, but it was a true 1-2 punch.

1 Like

Bijan is better than Corum.

Texas’s oline wasn’t good, they swap places and it looks totally different

4 Likes

This sounds good on paper but its not based in reality. But you have to map out the data side by side and let it speak to you. You can’t shoe horn a conclusion and you can’t say “oh they can afford to do that because…” Just let the data be the data.

In the end drafting still comes down to taking good football players. I will give you an example of the kind of weird data you are going to find, but don’t allow yourself to overthink it. You brought up taking a kicker in the 1st round. The last team that did that won the division 3 straight years and went to the Super Bowl.

Just take good players. If you can work in positional value…great. If not, don’t kill yourself over it or take a lesser player just to make the position make more sense.

This is a big thing that people are missing. They are fixated only on production. And I think that’s great for the most part. But once a back reaches a particular skill level and respect around the league, the equation changes. WR value increased when teams realized the value of a guy who impacts coverage. Prior to that many teams only valued receivers on the handful of grabs they had per game.

3 Likes