Any chance the Jags take Wison instead of Lawrence?

On Draftkings, if you change rhe 1st pick to Wilson for $10 and rhe 2nd pick to Lawrence for $10, you win over $500.

Any chance that Wilson could go #1 overall and Lawrence #2 oa?

No…sucker bet

Lawrence 1st overall was -20000 on fanduel, last I checked. Sometimes it’s fun to throw a buck on a ridiculous longshot. I have a dollar on the Lions SB winners at +5000 odds just for fun. Not happening though, the same way I’m not winning the next Mega Millions jackpot.

Lawrence just donated 20K to Jacksonville charities. He’s going there.

1 Like

Yes, if there’s a setback or some uncertainty about his labrum surgery before the draft. Also, Lawrence has been anointed as generational for so long that we the public take it as gospel. The pro evaluators aren’t swayed so easily.

However, “Tire Fire” Myers has no need to blow smoke and seems intent on drafting Lawrence, so it should happen.

That’s probably a pretty clear sign, always follow the $$$

I could see Urban Meyer throwing a curve ball to assert that he is in charge and doing things his own way. But to me if he’s going to throw that curve ball, its going to be Fields…not Wilson. And this isn’t to say that he coached Fields (he didn’t), but if he is going to pass on a talent like Lawrence I have no idea why he would do it for a random guy he has no inside track on.

1 Like

I thought about that scenario too…and I really think Urban would know to trade-back in that situation and gain some picks if he wanted Fields instead.
Give a call to the Jets and say, hey if you want the #1 pick then I’m willing to swap our picks if you make it worth our while.
But then it would be TL picked #1 and Fields #2.

If they did he would go the next pick to Jets…But its not happening

I’ve said how I would see it going down…or at least how anyone with a brain would do it. If you are the Jags you take Lawrence. If another team wants Lawrence, you do an NBA style trade with them like the Chargers and Giants did with Manning and Rivers.

Yes … it would take an incredible mistake by Lawrence. Or an injury … or a really good accusation from someone.

But yes it is possible. Very unlikely but possible.