Anybody concerned with our RB unit and it's lack of depth?

But we aren’t mixing between multiple guys, that’s the point. We are playing KJ like he is a bell cow, which he isnt.

the entire thread isn’t about KJ , IT IS about what we have IF and ONCE he gets reinjured ??
ZERO, look I’m not ignoring TY, but he’s not shown much if anything so we don’t even know what he can or can’t do, because HE is not used much. IF he’s a stud later in the season this thread loses standing because “then” we would have two significant RB’s (which we do need bc KJ has already been injured before.) IF TY is not good at running catching and blocking, he battles Zenner for remaining 3rd and 4th spot. there has been a strong emphasis to run the F out of KJ because there IS nobody near as good on the team OR…that man would have made an worthwhile appearance already.

This thread isn’t about “Bell Cow” RB. IT is about what do we do if and once Kerryon goes down and out again? There is a big void or unknown @ #2 RB …THAT is both a risk and a problem not having a back @2…‘as good’ as KJ…maybe a tick below or above his skills SO, IF KJ does go down…our # 2 will STILL mop up and WE will STILL be productive running the football against our opponents…NOT be SOL or ineffective running anymore.

The bell cow concept is not totally dead, it’s become an outlier… but is certainly present in the NFL. As far as “winning” there is no argument to be made for needing the league rushing champ to reach the SB. It hasn’t happened since Shaun Alexander in 2005. However, “winning” during the season… whole different story. From 2003-2018 the team with the rushing champ has won the division 12 out 15 years. Since 2013 the team with the rushing champ has won their division every season.

1 Like

I’d love the great bell cow do it all monster, as RB is my favorite position as well. As a fan it doesn’t get much better than that for me personally. You’re right in terms of winning enough to reach the SB and actually winning the game… which is the most important goal all things considered.

The biggest issue ( And Why Zenner Should Still Be Here) is if KJ goes down we do not have a RB currently on the roster that can stay in and block and keep Stafford up right .

Once again Zenner delivered when called upon, was a veteran presence in the RB room who was a much improved pass blocker .
He did not tip our hand to run or pass and was cheap , really made no sense to let him go with the exception of the late injuries sustained in the preseason that required keeping extra O-lineman and DT’s… I hope we bring him back .
I would have loved Carlos Hyde as our #2RB as he seems to still have juice and his lack of production was flip flopping teams and usage …him and Duke look real good as far as a tandem I would have loved either as a complement to KJ

1 Like