Anyone else at the point where

I learned years ago to not put too much into my local(favorite)sports teams success or failure. Do I want them to be successful and win? Sure, but it now has no bearing on my personal state of mind. If they suck, it’s THEM that sucks, not me. I have my own problems. If they win, well bully for them. I also have my own personal little victories. I’ll be happy for them, but it’s not as if I had anything to do with it. Win OR lose, it’s on them. Too many years I’ve ‘worn my heart on my sleeve’ pulling for the Tigers, Lions and Red Wings. Not so much anymore. Oh, I still pull for em, but not emotionally.

1 Like

I’m just at the point where… it doesn’t matter who the picks are. We won’t know how good a pick it is for 2-4 years. I hated the Ebron pick and was dead right. I loved the J Davis pick, and was only disappointed. Plus! It takes more then 1 or 2 players to make a team great. And 1 rook won’t be the difference in 3 wins to 10 wins.
So, great. Good pick I guess. We’ll see.

1 Like

I root for the Logo…and not the player.

Of course we all have our favorites, but when the name is called and that player becomes a Detroit Lion, nothing else matters. They are on my team, and anyone that wears a different team color…is the enemy.

3 Likes

At this point I am less interested in who they pick and more interested in what positions they pick
To me right now that will be the Interesting part of this draft to see what Holmes and DC’s approach is to this journey to the playoffs

2 Likes

:muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

1 Like

heavy metal 90s GIF
And Nothing Else Matters

3 Likes

But the 2023s drop Sunday, 2nd greatest day of the year (well 4th greatest after Today, tomorrow and Saturday).

1 Like

That kid has long arms and a quick first step.

2 Likes

Last two times lions picked #2 it worked out pretty well……hoping we can continue the trend.

5 Likes

+100

I’m pretty okay with any non offensive line up top, and that’s just because it has the least potential to improve the team, near future. Why risk Gosder Cherilus for a chance at marginal improvement?

Any of the defensive guys could help this team, but there’s only one pick that significantly alters the franchise, so that pick means either acceptance or elation for me.

This ain’t my first draft season rodeo and I’ve felt that fatigue in the past, so I make sure I have plenty of other interests to engage and distract me.

This year I had a six day break: line dancing–the modern stuff–in Portland for 4 days, then 2 days with a Florence,OR friend who patiently endures my football blather and waits for it to end. It cleansed my Lions palate, so now I’m freshly geeked for tonight.

1 Like

But perhaps you’d like to see my updated 2023 Big Board? :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Im done for the day, on a case up north in Petoskey.

Hitting B dubs around 730…

Will be wearing out the hotel wifi until then.

Sunset from my room last night

7 Likes

6e80ly

4 month long ride…

• 83 Malik Willis Capri Suns
  • 114 Aiden Hutchinson Animal crackers
  • 98 Travon Walker fruit snacks
  • 46 repeats of that stupid Kayvon Thibodeaux song

If you don’t unstrap me from this seat…and start the draft…

I’m going to unleash a tantrum that only Genghis Khan would be envious of

(…only 4 and a half more hours Cynodon)

2 Likes

randy marsh masturbating GIF by South Park

2 Likes

LOL. → Once you get in draft mode…there’s no getting out!

p.s. Nice observation.

Love it, broseph! Have some Asian Zing for me. Believe it or not, they used to make a pretty B+ Bloody Mary there (before they switched to their own company brand mixer). I haven’t been to a BWs in a loooooooong time (years, for sure…possibly near a decade).

Look forward to your input tonight, bro!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.