Anyone going to the game Monday night?

I’m surprised you aren’t getting a J-Will Lions jersey.

1 Like

Hmmm thinking about it now… my jersey history:

Barry Sanders - (doesn’t count, of course he’s retired)
Roy Williams - traded
Kevin Jones - injured
Suh - no longer here
Stafford - no longer here
Calvin - no longer here (retired)
Amir Abdullah - no longer here (bye)
(GIFTED A JOQUE BELL JERSEY) - no longer here
Slay - no longer here

…maybe I SHOULDN’T by a Fox jersey…

I’m not gonna state the obvious, because we all know what that is. Let’s just say all Lion fans have the same experience with gear/losses as you do. I thought it was me for a while as well, until I realized it wasn’t. My OKC Sanders jersey proved that theory wrong on numerous game days.

I was thinking that one would be hilarious to wear to a Packer game, if he was tearing them up and we were winning (at a Packers game).

It sounds to me like you’ve found a loophole. Don’t wear a Lions jersey, wear the college jersey of the Lions player!

2 Likes

I’ll gladly pick up a cardinal and gold Amon Ra drape to continue the tradition. Hell, I’d even consider a green and white Thibodaux jersey if we were lucky enough to get him, but BearlyThere is gonna have to cop the Goff Golden Bear’s jersey… my hypocrisy only goes so far, and a Cal jersey is wayyyyy past it’s bounds.

LOL - I’ll be liking you guys again in 48 minutes

1 Like

For whatever reason I like to wear random colleges that are not my own. My sophomore year at MSU I wore a USC hat all year long. It looked nice and the store had a good deal on it so I picked it up and wore the crap out of it. I thought it was Southern Cal. It wasn’t until years later when I was literally living in Columbia, South Carolina that I realized my black and red SC hat was U of South Carolina! :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, college time was different… I’d rock any team gear that caught my eye (cheap helped as well haha). Missouri basketball jersey, Longhorns hat, Hoyas jacket. No affiliation was a pretty sweet time, now that I reminisce on it a bit.

I was too much of the homer-nerd. 100% Detroit sports only…and CMU (sorry @Weaselpuppy )
Barry and Isiah Thomas were the only jerseys I had, but I did have hats and shirts and stuff.
When the Pistons were in the finals I wore different pistons stuff every day throughout the playoffs (when not at work).

1 Like

I can certainly respect that loyal approach as well. It’s just frustrating when I walk by a hat that is NOICE, and as I’m about to pick it up, my mind bitch slaps my hand and says NO!

LOL - I’ve never been too fashion conscious, if I must be honest. Black t-shirt almost every day. LOL. I can appreciate people that spruce it up though.

1 Like

Last jersey I had was a Billy Sims half shirt.

I don’t think that would look so good these days…

2 Likes

I seek out other schools gear. I love it. I have a picture of me in UNC shorts on Xmas morning holding up some brand new Duke shorts that my parents got me. I went to MSU but my favorite shorts are U of M. That day I was looking for some knew shorts at TJ Max and they were marked down to $12. But the dang quality of the shorts were more like the $80 Nike Elite type stuff. I had to get them, and 15 years later I wear them all the time.

I do have to point out that part of my obsession with basketball shorts is because of how I use them. The minute I get home from work I immediately jump into basketball shorts and a t-shirt. On weekends its all basketball shorts unless we are going out somewhere. So I like to have a variety. The most “out there” shorts that I’ve got are some floral Nike’s that I picked up this spring.

2 Likes

Make up our minds… should he smash his kneecap, or deliver a double nut shot?

1 Like

That’s awesome! LOL.

I wear basketball shorts around the house too - always (literally have them on 7 days/week). Then I dress up and put on a nicer pair of shorts to go out in. LOL.

I have wore pants twice since moving to FL. Both occasions were weddings. I work from home. When I’m on zoom calls, I just promise my clients I’m wearing pants (not naked from the waist down).

1 Like

Why not both!? ha ha

The important distinction is to bite the right body part, and punch the right body part, cuz you don’t want nuts in your mouth…especially cheese nuts.

1 Like

Love it. Gear like this = smile fest for you + everyone else. Sets a good tone for the day. Reeks of “my style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable”

Can’t wrap my head around this but it made me laugh. Is it ever an issue going DT?

The sweat pant + shirt game has changed over the years. Highly recommend for home based workers. Staffords all over it in SoCal. Whenever I don’t have to go out they’re automatic. Collared shirt for zoom with comfy sweats. Breathable, comfy af. Fan of bball shorts too but this stuff is over the top good.

1 Like