Anyone in the draft you absolutely hate?

Whether we pick 3 or 13. Is there one pick you will absolutely despise?

I have a bad feeling about Fields, and I’m not sold on Paye. I’d also rather not take a WR, but it looks like Jones is gone and the wideout cupboard is bare…

All in all,I don’t feel all that passionately against any one player.

1 Like

Paye I just don’t get at all, but I’m not a UM fan. I don’t think Devonta Smith’s frame will let him be a top of the league reciever, although I think his floor is high. I’m not a fan of Zach Wilson and Trey Lance. Rousseau’s upside concerns me but It’s not a deal breaker.

I’m going with Jeff Okudah…still

2 Likes

Any QB’s not named Trevor Lawrence.

I’d give up the farm to land a franchise changing QB. I’m not interested in exchanging a good veteran QB for a good, developmental rookie QB. I’d rather keep Stafford.

2 Likes

How good is Lawrence really? I think he’s overhyped like Luck…Go back the National Championship last…Lawrence was to Burrow as Stafford is to Rodgers

1 Like

Fields.

1 Like

I am sticking with my answer from 2014 before the draft…

…Eric Ebron

6 Likes

Same. I’ve been saying each year for the past 4 years that I’m going to watch more college ball. This year I’ve watched less :football: than in any of the previous 10 years.

At pick 7 I’m not going to hate on any position except TE.

1 Like

It’s hard to say until we see them in the NFL.

My opinion? I think Lawrence is in a different class than any QB that has come out since 2012. I think the only guy that is close since then has been Burrow.

Some people disagree. A lot of quality posters on this board don’t think he’s that good.

I do. I think he’d change the face of the Lions for the next 20 years. I think him being here would make quality players want to come to Detroit along with good coaches as well. I think he’d change the entire landscape of the franchise.

Its actually easier and better to just find a list of prospects and then find their game film on YouTube. The actual game film cutups, not the highlights. Its 10 minutes per prospect per game without all of the other garbage that comes with trying to watch an actual game.

1 Like

I did that with Brown last year. That’s when I got a good look at the Alabama G Brown, who I will definitely be looking for this year. He flat handled Derrick last year.

Agreed, and I wanted us to draft Brown last year. Not sure how bad we need interior OL though.

1 Like

I am a UM fan and I think Paye will be a solid DE but I dont see the 1st round hype. Lacks pass rush ability.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not sold on all the hype on Paye either. I think he’s good but some mocks have him going in the top 15 of the draft…and I’m like, what?

I’d rather have Basham than Paye in the top of round 2 if both were there.

Yeah, good call with Paye. I don’t think he belongs in the 1st round either.

I was doing some work for PFF and he was one of the players I needed to review. Wasn’t impressed at all (at least in the 2 games I needed to review). Wouldn’t mind the Lions passing on him regardless of the round.

No, I know there’s going to be busts and blossoms, but I know enough at my age to know I’ve been wrong twice as often as I’ve been right. Furthermore, I think at least half the players that get labeled busts could have been blossoms had they simply gone to a different team.

My ex-wife just declared so yeah

1 Like

think about which draft prospect would he here, for team OA strength & play, not just NFL-wise.

I think Lawrence is overhyped.

I think he’s going to be a good NFL QB, but he’s overhyped.

1 Like

True, but I still want to see how he looked this year.