Anzalone appreciation post…

I know he’s not very good and we should look to upgrade next season, but it’s nice to see him playing better lately and hopefully he can keep it up the rest of the year! Figured the dude gets a lot of negativity on this board and deserves some props :man_shrugging:t2:

Veteran linebacker Alex Anzalone had five solo tackles, one tackle for loss and one fumble recovery Sunday. The tackle for loss was a key play in the fourth quarter where he sniffed out a screen pass, made the tackle and forced a punt. He is playing some terrific ball. He leads the team with 91 tackles and has a fumble recovery, forced fumble, interception and sack on the year. Talk about impact plays. – Tim Twentyman

11 Likes

Except, he’s our leading tackler.
The guy gets no respect!

6 Likes

This taint the place for any criticism!

1 Like

he’s always around the football to. I’ll admit that I didn’t think much of him at first, yet he is slowly growing on me as a contributor on our defense.

5 Likes

He still misses way too many tackles, but he’s been decent lately. Props to AnalZone!!

9 Likes

I was one of his biggest haters, but have to admit that he has come around.

3 Likes

He is 20th in the league in tackles. The MLB should lead your team in tackles so that is not any indicator that he is good or not. What I would like to know is how many missed tackles does he have, but I can’t find that info. He seems to miss quite a few but that may be just me

Let me add I am not a hater of him, but I don’t think he ranks in the top half of MLB’s in the league

3 Likes

Energy of the team permeates all of 'em

3 Likes

It’s probably Anzalone’s hair that motivates them the most…

2 Likes

lol

1 Like

I hope we re-sign Anzalone. He’s obviously well respected by the players as he’s elected captain. He’ll push Rodrigo and Barnes to be better. Would love to see both players steal more time from Anzalone next year.

He has some issues, but like Backus and Raiola, I think he gets more blame than he deserves.

1 Like

That stat is deceptive, because he has way more snaps then any other linebacker on defense, he’s been on the field for 789 snaps. In comparison Rodrigo has 459 snaps and Barnes 271. Anzalone has 91 tackles, 58 solo, Rodrigo 67 tackles 49 solo and Barnes 39, 24 solo. The difference in solo tackles between Rodrigo and Anzalone is 9, with Anzalone having 330 additional snaps. That is why he gets no respect, Also, Anzalone leads the team in missed tackles again this year.

1 Like

Never been a huge fan. I think maybe he was trying to do too much before with not much help?

He has been playing MUCH better lately. He’s growing on me.

Goff approves…

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

3 Likes

Bro, I was so gonna quote myself just to give posters another chance at seeing my comedic genius. You’ve spared me the embarrassment!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.