Anzalone is back $18.75M/3yr

J Rogers response to my AA contract question.

I’m more excited about the Anzalone signing than when the news first broke. The Cam Sutton connection really helped me understand more of what Brad and Dan are trying to do. AA is already a staff and player favorite. He improved as the DL improved and after APs firing. AP wasn’t fired because he was a bad coach, he was fired because of issues with communication.

Communication is why the Alex Anzalone/Cam Sutton connective tissue is so important. Cam and Alex apparently have been working together for 4 years, so there’s already a strong relationship between the two.The Lions defense was shredded due to issues with communication and players being out of position last year. AA has been a coach on the field and has helped the development of Barnes and Houston. But there has to be good communication between units and I think that’s what they are trying to fix as well as having a really corner added to our roster.

This is a quote from an interview with POD and Josh CarneyThe Steelers Depot on Cam Sutton
“He was a tremendous communicator in the secondary, knew what everyone’s role was, and made sure guys were lined up and on the same page often. Very rarely were there any coverage busts when he was on the field.”

I’m excited to see our D after they get the pieces together, but I’m bullish on them making a big big jump this year…and these two will be a big part of that improvement IMHO.

2 Likes

Yup - biiiig improvement coming up

1 Like

Almost spit my food out :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

LOL reddit is highly credible dude.

2 Likes

I should have known. Lol

hahahah! You bet your kneecaps on that freight train coming down the tunnel. ■■■■ yeah!

1 Like

Well if Brian Urlacher was available with the 6th pick I think we would take him. But since he’s not I’m glad we at least have AA back.

2 Likes

The article said Anzalone was training with Barnes. Barnes is at a training facility in Tampa Bay were several athletes go to train during the off season. He is not training with anyone in particular i.e. Anzalone. Although Anzalone may be at the same facility it is just happen stance not planned as you seem to imply.

You’re probably right. Barnes showed up one day and saw anzalone and said “hey you look familiar. Would you happen to be Dan Campbell’s BFF by any chance?”

Well that theory should hold true for Anzalone too. I have heard him express many times how much he loves DC and AG, why didn’t the lions get a “ I WANT TO PLAY FOR CAMPBELL” deal???

I will predict this, Anzalone’s snap count will diminish significantly now that HE GOT PAID . That was the goal of DC AG and Anzalone collectively.

@Cap

What are your opinions on a couple of prospects. One is Jack Campbell, who you might not have an opinion on at all. The second is WR Charlie Jones.

Football Pondering GIF by Detroit Lions

I have not heard anything about Jack Campbell, he must be young.
Charlie Jones is from a good College, that is the college Barnes attended LOL.

You obviously don’t follow posts very well. I was quoting the sources to answer the accusation “my own little world” not necessarily backing the sources. Try to keep up.

In Anzalone’s press conference yesterday, which we all know you didn’t listen to. Anzalone specifically mentions it’s been great training with Barnes so far and that James Houston should be there soon. He’s also training with Sutton, the newly signed free agent corner. So, 4 Lions defenders all together, this is great news. But, I’m sure you will find a way to put a negative spin on it, you always do!

I do think it’s hilarious that the guy you hate so much is training together and helping the guy you love so much. And the guy you love so much keeps saying how much the guy you hate so much is helping him develop. haha can’t make this stuff up. Just wait until Barnes gets married and Anzalone is his best man. :wink:

5 Likes

The wedding is 04/15, I will be there and Anzalone won’t. I was shedding light on the training situation, like I said several athletes go there.

You continue to say Anzalone is helping Barnes develop. I don’t think that is possible sense Barnes is the superior player and athlete. Anzalone has benefitted from his relationship with Campbell and Glenn period. Let’s not pretend like they are friends, I know there has to be frustration on the part of Barnes with the obvious benefits Anzalone is afforded. You keep playing it down as much as you can, but l know the truth.

I’m sure you will! Be sure to post a picture of you and Barnes at the wedding together.

Did you get the truth from Reddit again like last time!?

2 Likes

Experience of being the guy w/the green dot on his helmet. That matters.
Barnes is gonna get his chance.

1 Like

We’ll I suppose you’d know… when the time comes for Barnes to test free agency or resign with the Lions… let us know… will he accept a Cap-friendly contract?

Alex Anzalone contract $4.8M Signing bonus, Base Salaries of $1.2M (2023), $6M (2024), $6M (2025), $100K per game roster bonuses (2023-2025), 2026 Void year, $3M of 2024 base guaranteed at signing

True $6.1M per year contract with 2023 and 2024 pretty much guaranteed, have option to once again pay $6.1M for 2025. Not any fluff in the contract, $450K in incentives (likely pro bowl).

2 Likes