Anzalone sounds like he is leaving

Better than life on IR, though the pay is worse… His shoulder could be a mess.

Never said I am looking for “big spending” more so targeted and throughout the roster. Short deals are fine I just assume that the sheer quantity of contracts we will need to sign to fill gaps this off-season will limit comp picks as we don’t have many players I expect to get big contracts elsewhere. Unless we fill our roster with nothing but 1 year vet min deals I don’t see the Como pick formula playing into this off-season but if I am wrong great get more beanz

This could very well be due to his injury.

We already know DC puts the welfare of the player over the a teams desire to sacrifice it for winnings sake…

1 Like

[2022 NFL Free Agents Tracker | Spotrac]

My bad, didn’t mean to assume. I’m just speculating based on the player contracts we still have on the books and Holmes comments on not being afraid to play young players. I believe (speculating) Holmes and Dan have set up a window to win based on their contract terms with the Lions. Holmes is 5 years I believe and Dan is 6. So competing in 2023 - 2026 is what will allow them to get their extensions and stay with the team.

Gives them time to tear it all down, grab young talent, then push us over the top with FA signings.

Kwon Alexander??

grinch smile GIF

Theres more than 2 linebackers in this draft. Theres help for the lions even if they dont get one of Lloyd or dean.

2 Likes

reading the tea leaves, I think it means we re-sign Jamie Collins

9 Likes

Nooooooooo!!!

And Jarrad Davis?

3 Likes

Yep. I’m hoping the Jags don’t put a second round tender on him.

Josey Jewell

1 Like

Yes. AND we draft his replacement with the comp pick we got when he went to NY.

Not sure if we’re willing to go that small at LB but Darien Butler has been awesome in coverage whenever I watch ASU play.

Agree. But what is highly encouraging is what he said about his time here. Other players who are entering Free Agency see that. Meanwhile, the tweets coming from players leaving the team under Quintricia… were a little different.

2 Likes

The Lions need a serious upgrade at LB.

2 Likes

For the record, when I said the Lions needed 5 new starters on defense, it assumed Anzalone was here and occupying a starting spot. No Anzalone means one more additional starter needed.

This assumes Walker leaves for more money than the Lions will offer:

Even if you pencil in Walker as a starter, things on defense are not screaming “Playoffs!” for 2022.

2 Likes

I’d say Romeo and Barnes are likely starting next season. Purely based on lack of assets.

So here’s what I’d do…

Resign Walker
Sign Kwon Alexander

Draft Aidan Hutchinson
Draft Travon Walker
Draft Jaquan Brisker

Then draft George Pickens and sign a DJ Chark type.

That team could make the playoffs.

Hell the Eagles got there this year at 9-8.

1 Like

I think Butler is certainly in play. If you consider the Saints LB corps, they have around 4-5 guys in the same weight range at LB.

Angry-Peyton-Manning-Stare

3 Likes