Araiza Rape Accusations

Regardless of how she may have behaved, it’s not the point. She was 17 and she got raped, allegedly. She got a rape kit done the next day. I’m sure the results of the kit are being withheld because it could result in a criminal investigation as well as privacy violations for the patient, being a minor, etc.

I’m withholding judgement because we don’t know all the facts… but it doesn’t look good and the bottom line is rape is rape. Having a penis does not give you free reign to stick it wherever you feel like whenever you want. Which is something some men and boys do not always comprehend

4 Likes

Even if she was wasted.

If he makes those types of decisions
Can you trust him to be there for the team ?

I don’t think it has anything to do with being there for the team, it’s whether you committed a felony worthy of a long time in jail. Being a good or bad teammate has nothing to do with it.

Team sports and your role within them are very different than how you act on a personal level in non team social situations

3 Likes

I always hope that stuff like this isn’t true.

Side note → think if Fox pressed charges against all of the women who have tried to have their way with him.
#SickOfDoubleStandards

I didn’t mean it like that

But was kind of looking at it from owner investment in the player

A guy who makes that decision
Can he be counted on as a pro ? Jail or otherwise.

Most aspiring football players , even ones who like to do freaky stuff
Seem to not face these types of allegations.

1 Like

I know you’re joking about Fox, and I’m sure him and many male athletes have been propositioned and enticed and all that…

but that’s not a double standard as far as sexual assault goes. Yes, women come onto men all the time. Having sexual relations without consent or initially with consent and then not wanting consent anymore is still rape, regardless of the sex of the person. In this situation, yes a girl can want to have sex with an individual but then be subjected to sex with others against her will is still rape.

The same can go for men but it is not the majority.

Rape is not a joke and it’s not a double standard

2 Likes

I suppose that is determined by the strength of the team lawyers to a degree, and also to the strength of the allegation.

That’s a product of the system though… athletes, teams, have better lawyers, and you are talking about women who don’t have the same societal stature. And because of that, some of the reaction is “well they are going after the money.”

It’s a double edged sword for the women involved. They are damned if they do or don’t. And because of the difference of status, it’s easier for the women to be regarded as “going for money” when they are at a disadvantage to begin with. And because teams and players have better lawyers they are able to mitigate it away…

Also too. If I was gonna accuse someone of sexually assaulting me, why would I go after a punter? And two other guys who aren’t even gonna make the NFL?

First - Gross.

Second - Maybe in Michigan she’d have been of legal age, but in CA the legal age of consent is still 18 and at the very least statutory rape charges are not out of the question.

8 Likes

I agree

And find it difficult to question these types of victims
When we know men behave poorly

Some victims never come forward

But there’s plenty of young adults who consent to freaky stuff
And don’t feel violated.

Even if he didn’t drug her
To not realize what how risky his behavior was
If he says yes innocent
It was a bad situation for him to be in

It sound pretty bad and with witnesses

1 Like

My final point on this is this is the definition of misogyny. Football, and all male sports have a history of misogynistic culture. Hockey Canada is trying to pay their way out of it now. This has been an issue in the NFL for forever.

So why the old saying “boys will be boys” still an accepted excuse? Completely dismissive of the victims involved.

The worldview should not revolve around male interpretations, yet it does.

Gonna sign off on this topic so agree or disagree but that’s how I think and feel.

4 Likes

The way fate has it…

The colts will win a playoff game vs bills because of field position because the bills punter is not able to play and the guy he took the job of now plays for the colts.

Watch it happen….

Oct 21
How long is this investigation and article makes it sound like people heard about it … ?

1 Like

Completely agree, man. If he’s guilty…I hope he gets what he deserves …for sure.

2 Likes

This may explain why other teams passed over him for lesser rated punters. I have no doubt the Bills knew about it.

3 Likes

I have had this situation in college before. In the middle of sex chick asked me to STOP…. I was perplexed but she said to me “ if you go any further it would be rape”….stopped and never saw her again! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

That’s what she’s claiming but oddly she didn’t get a blood test to prove it. She did a rape exam the following day but no blood test which would have solidified her story in cement.

She may have been drugged I do not know. Or she maybe just be trying to do a money grab. You don’t know the truth any more than I do.

But here’s what we do know.

A 17 year old girl chose to go to a college party and put herself into a compromising position. There were plenty of whitenesses at the party who seem to be backing the players story (if what’s reported is accurate). The police investigated and did not pursue criminal charges. This only came to light because of a civil lawsuit where she is seeking monetary compensation.

It’s her word against multiple others and there are reportedly whiteness who collaborate the players stories.

Why is it assumed by some that he’s a rapist and she’s a saint?

I think everything you’re saying is valid. The part though where you say “she’s no saint in this either,” just sounds really bad. It comes off as assuming you think she’s equally to blame. Almost like it’s her fault it happened to her.

The original comment sounds like guy is dumb but he isn’t guilty of anything. Yet, the girl is dumb and deserves what she got for putting herself in that situation.

I’m not trying to assume anything I’m just trying to maybe explain why so many had negative reactions. When I read it I was like wtf too…

1 Like

All you old guys are dumb. These girls nowadays are for the streets. No father in the home. They aren’t victims you dummies!

It’s comments like this that drive me crazy. Your comments paint her as the victim.

But you really don’t know if she’s the victim or if the players are.

What do you know actually happened to her?

She went to a college party.

She had sex with multiple men.

She claims rape. They claim consensual.

The police did not press charges.

She’s suing for money.

It’s her word against several others.

Those are the facts that we know.

Why is she assumed to be the victim by many on this board and not the athletes?

Clearly the police found holes in her story or their would have been criminal charges.

There are reportedly whitenesses that supported the accused story and not the accusers story.

Her actions show she wants monetary gains.

With those facts known why do so many think she’s the victim and a saint in all of this?

30 years ago society tended to sway toward that of the accused and today they sway to that of the accuser.

Truth is none of us know what happened here.

I remember talking about Cephus on this board long before the NFL draft. His story is somewhat similar. He engaged in sex with two woman whom the next day claimed he had raped them. The difference in the Cephus case was it was his word against two other girls words. Cephus was actually charged, expelled from school, kicked off the team, lost his scholarship, etc.

But there were a ton of holes in the story. A jury acquitted him because one of the girls let the truth out when she realized they had ruined this young man’s career and their would likely be no monetary gains from it. There was no one on the board who thought he might be innocent. Many were crucifying him. Calling him a scum bag, piece of shit, rapist and more. That he was a scum bag for having sex with two woman who were too drunk to know what they were doing. (That’s what the girls claimed) None were even looking at the facts and that there were tons of holes in the two girls story. Which I pointed out. I was then labeled a piece of shit for even suggesting he could be the victim and that maybe posters should wait and see.

Cephus was reinstated, then drafted by us and later sued the school for jumping to a conclusion before all the facts were out.

This girls story has more holes in it than the one in the Cephus case.

My point is - let’s not be so quick to crucify these kids and see the accuser as a Saint.

She has an agenda and is looking for gains. Our society is supposed to be one where your innocent until proven guilty. Not the other way around.

4 Likes