Are the Eagles still better than us?

Last year we lost to them 38-35.

So now let’s see who all each team has lost and gained since last season:

Lions:

Gained: Cameron Sutton, Emmanuel Moseley, David Montgomery, Graham Glasgow, C.J. Gardner-Johnson

Lost: Jamaal Williams, DJ Chark, Evan Brown

Eagles:

Gained: Terrell Edmunds, …? Also I’m not sure who their new coordinators are.

Lost: Javon Hargrave, TJ Edwards, C.J. Gardner-Johnson, Miles Sanders, Isaac Seumalo, Kyzir White, Marcus Epps, Johnathan Gannon, Shane Steichen

I know they have Jalen Hurts, draft picks, and they went to the super bowl last year. They’re also still really talented.

But are they really better than us still?

2 Likes

Yes, at whining. Cry, Eagles, Cry!

5 Likes

Last year the Houston Texans took the Chiefs to overtime.

They added te Schultz, dt Rankings, wr woods, a couple former pro bowl lbs and have the #2 pick.

Are the Texans better than the Chiefs?

Twist ending: of course we are better than the Eagles.

3 Likes

Always liked them better than Steely Dan but not as much as the Rolling Stones. Better than us? I dunno, you guys ever put a garage band together?

2 Likes

We’re both different teams this year.
Had we played the Eagles week 17, I have little doubt that we would have beat them.
I have no confidence that would have changed our record.
I don’t fear any team in the NFL this season.
I can’t wait till it’s time to play the games.

The Eagles are better. Probably by quite a bit. I hate that I am the “negative Nancy” on this board lol…but man it just seems like so many Homer takes around here haha.

Eagles and 49ers are a class above the rest in the NFC right now. We are among the next best and probably #4 if you made me pick right now. The top tier talent of the Eagles, 49ers, Cowboys, trumps ours easily. There depth is better as well.

We are coming…probably have a shot at being the top seed in the NFC in 2023. Although I think #3 or 4 is more likely.

3 Likes

:joy: you should post more

1 Like

In terms of just pure talent, yeah i think they have a lot of advantages over us and 8/10 times they’d probably beat us but i think most of those would be close.

I think we’re like 2 years away from being where they are now if things go right for us. We do have some pretty decent top wnd talen but Brad’s still working on our depth.

They have a way deeper interior DL rotation. we have to pick up at least two quality iDL players

Eagles still lead but the distance is shrinking.

They were top 5 offense and defense last season.

1 Like

Yeah but we have Goff.

We went toe to toe with them.

They went to the Super Bowl because they were more consistent and they also had a resemblance of a real defense.

Having a solid run game will make any team consistent.

Seriously if the Lions can improve their run game, and bring their defense to just average then I like their chances.

I do think the Lions will be a playoff contender this season.

2 Likes

At this moment in time? Yes. Once the seasons starts? Quite Possibly not.

Yes. They have two top 10 WRs, top 5 QB, and a like OL. Lions are close but they need to add to DL and WR. I honestly think the WR room here is pretty bad in sum total. Hurts is much more valuable than Goff.
On D- I can’t tell yet what the Lions have

1 Like

Yes, we’re good on paper, but Philly has actually produced… No question the kool-aid is flowing

Guess we’ll find out in the NFC Championship game…@ Ford Field.

They play NYG, Dal & Wash…We play shit.

5 Likes

FTE

2 Likes

2 Likes

Impossible to answer….

Slay 33, Graham 35, F Cox 32, Lane Jobnson 33……

That is 4 key pieces well on the other side of 30!

They lost their best interior pass rusher, maybe a top 3 DT in the league last year? They lost their leading turnover causing DB, to us…. They lost a 1,200 yard back…. They lost both starting LBs- and both coordinators.

We added 3 key pieces to our secondary, got healthier and deeper along the OL and better at RB….

Take a look at Goffs 3rd season and compare that to Hurts- not much in it…. Now let’s assume either Hurts becomes a pocket passer and mitigates some of his rushing prowess- or he likely gets hurt again…

• if we walk away from the draft with a starting DT, a WR3 possibility, a RB, a DB, a backup QB, a TE, an IOL, and an edge- we are pretty imposing.

J Carter
Bijan
Tuipolotu
D Rush
AT Perry
C Tune
Dee Winters
Stromberg

I would say this draft gives us better DL, LBs are tied, better safeties, slightly lesser CBs, better OL, wayyyy better RBs,

Pretty close.

Until we go farther in the playoffs than them, they are still better.
If we don’t end the season with a loss, we’ll know for sure.

1 Like

Here is how I look at it:
The Eagles lost talent and they are not as good as they were.
The Lions lost some talent BUT we added way more talent than we lost meaning the Lions are clearly better now.

But are the Lions THAT much better? I don’t know.