Are we done talking about Goff?

Depends what camp you’re in. If you believe in Goff-no. If you don’t believe in him-yes.

Typically when run the ball that well you can complete passes at a much higher rate than 56%

I recall 2 passes the targets read it wrong.

1 Like

I think it’s laughable to say he doesn’t belong as a starter as some have said. If we cut him today he would have a job before bedtime.

Now if you want to make the argument that he isn’t the starter we need to take us over hump then I am with you.

We have all year to evaluate it.

4 Likes

Goff started out horribly 3-10 6 yards and a pick six through 19 minutes.

In the last 2/3 of the game he was 18/27 209 yards 1 TD for a 102.24 QB rating. He can be NFL starter level but can he do it frequently enough? We can’t afford to have him suck that bad for most of one half.

2 Likes

There were a lot of drops too. Bad game by receivers.

Goff wasn’t awesome either.

2 Likes

Some of you can’t fucking process what you’re watching
The vaunted WR room sucked for most of the game
Obviously there were 4-5-6 clear drops
St Brown looked mostly very very average today
Chark was a zero for much of the game
Guys appeared to zig when they were supposed to zag resulting in at least 2 incompletions
There’s no way I’m blaming Goff in this game

And yes, Swift had a nice game but the Lions scored 35 points against a solid Eagles defense

The Lions defense did nothing for the first 3 quarters
I believe the Eagles had no punts until the 4th quarter
Defense stepped up nicely in 4th quarter but — that’s a little late
Philadelphia RPO killed them all game

Defense gives up 38 points
Offense scores 35 points
Blame the QB
Yah, that’s some in depth analysis :+1:

12 Likes

Positives:
1st half - Swift

Second half:
Swift
Okudah
Rodrigo
OL
Goff to an extent

Negatives:
Walker has to be smarter than that
Goff needs to be more consistent
Catch the damn ball
Figure out a plan for mobile QBs

3 Likes

The Lions defense was constantly on the field for the first half while the offense repeatedly went three and out after the opening drive. And you want to talk about not being able to ‘■■■■■■■ process what you’re watching’?

1 Like

You blow up and go to crazy mode all the time
The defense stopped nothing for 3/4

1 Like

WRs need to help Goff
Goff needs to help the WRs

I think that pretty much sums it up this first game.

Yes, WRs dropped some passes. But Goff could have easily had two more picks.

It was good to see from fire from Goff. I wish he had played the first half like the second.

3 Likes

Exactly this. There were a few inexcusable drops from the WRs, but just as much were some badly placed balls that you can’t except those guys to make on a consistent basis.

I’m certainly not going to say Goff was perfect but holy shit — blame the loss on him?
No way

WR room really disappointed for 3/4
Defense stopped nothing for 3/4
Simple, clear

1 Like

I don’t think we’ll ever be done talking about Goff. He routinely does just enough for it to be debatable.
I don’t want debatable. But that’s just me.

4 Likes

No one deserves all the blame. I think Goff could have really helped the defense a ton by not going three and out like four straight times in the first half. It left the D gassed. But give him credit for the comeback, for making the throws and getting them into a position for the win if the D makes the stop.

2 Likes

Bottom line is that Jared Goff has the 4th highest cap hit of any NFL QB and doesn’t perform like a top 5 QB. Either he needs to cost less or play better.

5 Likes

Drops were clearly the bigger issue

3 Likes

It was a very Stafford like game without the come from behind win.

I’m not going to listen to how good he was when he was complete dog crap through most of the first half.

Unacceptable.

1 Like

Really? I think Goff throwing a pick six is a much bigger issue. He was complete garbage in the first half of the game and if it weren’t for our ground game, this would’ve been a blowout.

3 Likes

Looked about as out of Sync as Michigan does when McNamara plays QB

I’d like to win a Super Bowl some day. The days of Trent Dilfer types being able to do so are about coming to an end in todays game

1 Like