Are we getting a uniform overhaul for 2022?

I read that the Lions are eligible to get new uniforms, and Rod Wood said they would look into it. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything?

1 Like

YES

PLEASE GET NEW UNIFORMS

YES!!!

excited champagne GIF

1 Like

Update the logo and clean it up.

What’s wrong with this?

I also feel like a uniform change would be good for the “rebrand” we’re attempting to put on this franchise.

These uniforms are the Dan Campbell era uniforms.

2 Likes

I’d love to see less of a teal look in our “Honolulu blue” (ugh), and more the blue of the throwback unis. Call it “Great Lakes blue.”

Then I’d like to see the numbers and pants like they were through the Millen era, but I care less about that.

I’m going to keep my blood pressure down and pass on talking about the “WCF” on the sleeve.

4 Likes

Why?

I would say the odds are 90-10 that they do something significant. Goodell chewing out ownership over merchandise and ticket sales, publicly, leads me to believe that will be the cheap route to take to change that trend. Have to keep up with the Jones’s, right? Fresh uniforms equal jersey sales.

2 Likes

I think the Lions have one of the better uniforms in the NFL. I’d love to see us get flat paint on the helmet, and take the shiny as well as the meta flake out of it.

I’d like to see us go full on Turkeyday old school throwback with the rest of the uniform.

3 Likes

I think we could make something dope based around gunmetal grey, blue, and white.

1 Like

Want a uniform that says “We’re not here to look pretty…we’re here to kick some ass.”

1 Like

This. All day, this.

17 Likes

Yea I think a gunmetal look would be mean. That’s kind of my thinking, and a mean ass updated lion logo would help.

1 Like

Perfect, and YES. I’ve been trying to find a jersey with the tight sleeves too. Love that one…from the colors too the style. That says “we’re here to kick your ass.”

1 Like

Yea I always thought that look was clean AF!

Add a helmet logo, simple blue stripe, and white number outlining. It doesn’t even need a shoulder stripe. IMO.

2 Likes

I would love to have the Honolulu Blue as a trim color versus a primary uniform color. But, I may be alone in wanting this. I just don’t trust Rod Wood to do what’s best for the franchise other than the team’s financials. Ford Field hasn’t been seriously updated. There is more that can be done to make the Lions more appealing to the fans, besides winning, of course.

I agree fellas, our Turkey Day throwback uniform is absolutely awesome!

I just hope they don’t do anything too drastic and keep to our Honolulu Blue and Silver heritage.

Keeping letters and numbers silver is a must in my book.

This needs to happen once a year

2 Likes

Love the black and blue :blue_heart: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

There was something on Twitter yesterday or the other day saying not next year but 2023……

It’s in here that we can get new ones next year.

Well, this year.

You know what I mean.

1 Like