Armchair Draft Prediction.. 2022 Draft Class gonna exceed expectations!

God yes. Loved both of them, by the time it was all said and done.

Same. I want a Barry Sanders, a Suh, and a good leader of a QB (Willis?)

Please be true.

Barry Sanders…Thurman Thomas

1 Like

Jaylen waddle has 991 scrimmage yards and 6 total tds on 133 targets and 2 carries.

Devonta Smith has 875 yards and 5 tds on 100 targets.

Jaycee Horn didn’t do a to. For me either.

I never trusted Wilson nor Lance as worth the collateral they paid for him…

Trevor the Golden Boy was tanned can’t miss, worthy of a lifetime trade up haul, HOW ABOUT 10 TDs AND 17 INTS???

• Amon Ra has 852 scrimmage yards and 5 total tds on 108 targets and 6 carries.

So in reality- I would say we got similar value in 4 to what teams paid top 10 freight for….

———————————————————————

Pitts- he’s the Fox of TEs right? His 1 td is odd, but 1,000 yards as a rookie TE on only 101 targets is sick!

J Chase- freak- his stats were gaudy, the 40 and vertical answered any questions. When he went to play with his BFF forget about it!!

Sewell- not without questions as he was a baby, and over a year outside of football…

Hutch
Thibz
Hamilton
Stingley
J Williams

These 5 could easily crush the combine in a way where you throw Pickett, Karlaftis, N Dean, Leal and Booth or Sauce in there and it’s not that different.

I wouldnt trade the #2 pick for T Lance right now.

1 Like

I think its very hard to judge first year QBs. There is a huge jump year 2 with these guys.

1 Like

I wouldn’t either, but I’d trade it for Chase, Waddle, Sewell, Parsons, Slater (if we didn’t have Sewell), or Surtain. Last year’s draft was bonkers.

People won’t get excited about most of the 1st round picks until the season is over and all the NFL shows/websites start telling the sheeple who to get excited about.

I wouldn’t for waddle. Not then or now.

I’m a troll for saying this.

I know there are a few buckeye fans in here, so please don’t take this supposition as angst toward a school.

I clearly don’t blame OSU for poaching Fields vs going with Burrow, but it’s hard to argue Burrow wouldn’t have been an ideal guy to lead OSU for 2 years.

If you are a big time WR and can choose to be the #1 at Bama, or #3/4 at OSU… I think most pick Bama.

Sometimes coaches stick with comfort and fail to notice ascending talent.

Nobody is doubting K Walker…

I’ll take Williams SEC dominance on tape and double check his times. I won’t worry about who Day favored at all

1 Like

point pointing GIF by Shalita Grant

This entire post is why I hate college football.

Well that’s a difference in evaluation and that’s fine, but I had Waddle just behind Chase on my board, I loved him last year and wanted to take him if the Bengals went Sewell (assuming the Dolphins would then have taken Chase). I think he’s gonna be a Tyreek Hill style weapon for years to come.

1 Like

I never followed Lance in college so don’t know about him. Trading our pick for Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, or even Mac Jones would be a big hell no from me. I’m taking Pickett over all of them.

1 Like

Thibs could also be Courtney brown. That’s the problem with never really knowing how many of these kids love the game and how many do it just for the big paycheck.

The decision was Dwayne Haskins over Burrow, not Justin Fields. Burrow transferred after being told he wasn’t the starter and Urban let him (because back then you couldn’t just transfer )

Just for the record, PFF’s top 10 positional rankings (non-QB) last year were:

1. Penei Sewell
  2. Kyle Pitts
  3. Ja’Marr Chase
  4. DeVonta Smith
  5. Jaylen Waddle
  6. Micah Parsons
  7. Rashawn Slater
  8. Christian Barmore
  9. Patrick Surtain
  10. Christian Darrisaw

Outside of Darrisaw (who’s shown flashes), all of those guys are already amongst the best at their positions in the NFL. Not the best amongst rookies, but the best amongst all players. That is totally insane.

No matter what you think of this year’s draft, it will not hold a candle to last year’s.

3 Likes

I won’t be shocked if….

Hutch
Thibz
D London
Hamilton
Linderbaum
E Neal
Ekwonu
G Wilson
Karkaftis
Stingley
J Williams
T Burks
Lloyd
J Johnson
C Cross
J Davis
Booth jr
N Dean
Sauce

We are pretty early here… but whoever ends up as the final top 10…. That’s 20 guys whose stock could soar or plummet after the senior bowl and UW Olympics…

If London runs a 4.49 or less, same with Burks, it will turn heads at their size.

If J Williams blazes it G Wilson runs even competitively, their tape could vault them into the top 10-12… both.

I think the tape and workouts with Neal, Linderbaum, Ekwonu and Cross will put 4 really solid OL prospects in the actual top 15 of the draft.

Jermaine Johnson will sky rocket up boards.