A'Shawn Robinson on Patricia: Daaaaamn

Unfortunately, there are always going to be a few people that don’t buy in to the coaches way of doing things. Where it has been successful at other places doesn’t necessary mean it will work here. MP tried to bring in former NE players that would help change the culture. I don’t think everyone has bought in as you can clearly see the results.

It will be interesting to see how the players play next Sunday with Bevell running the show.

3 Likes

Yea I’m really interested to see if These guys will really play for Bevell.

3 Likes

Guys like Darius Slay wouldn’t last 30 mins working for a guy like Belichick. The 1st time Belichick wouldn’t smile or not say Hi to Darius, Slay would be totally offended. Patricia failed as the Lions coach, but guys like Slay & A’Shawn seem to get pretty oversensitive. And Slay seems more interested in social media & collecting opponent’s jersey than winning games.

2 Likes

Randy Moss and Antonio Brown were both Patriots. Pretty sure both are bigger divas than Slay.

2 Likes

But… and… each only lasted no more than one season correct?!

Not true. Belichick has earned the respect of players. He has enough cache and history to demand differently than Patricia. Also, from what I’ve read in the past…Belichick didn’t treat players like trash walking in the door coming from Cleveland. There is a difference.

2 Likes

You beat me to this. He really was a total flaming disaster as well.

I think when he ran off Slay I was done. Slay was always a professional, the best player on that D, and was a pro bowler who was drafted in the second round. He trained with hall of famers in the off season and improved his craft. Never any issues with previous coaching in his career. It really became obvious at that point that Patricia was the poison in the locker room.

7 Likes

I tried to tell ya.

I also brought up that Ashawn was another disgruntled and that’s why he blew up in the locker room post game and why he was in MP’s dog house. The Lions spun it that he was upset with another player but Ashawn refused to speak to anyone about it because it was MP that he was upset with.

3 Likes

Man and I blind… I come here daily, like a Devotte or something :crazy_face:, and I don’t recall this… my dementia must be kicking in!! :rage:

I remember the conversations. I also remember ashawn having a very anti-media attitude and blowing up at a player when they were pretending to interview him or were actually doing one of their skits.

Slay did seem like he was all about himself in interviews. But, clearly Patricia had no idea what real leadership is.

He was pretty good at blowing up at the media, too bad he never blew up a play in the backfield before.

1 Like

Robinson liked Grandpa Caldwell’s approach of not being demanding on the players and never liked being pushed. He coped an attitude from the day Caldwell was fired and before he ever met Patricia

What Robinson says is the equivalent of a spoiled kid dissing on his step-mom after his parents got a divorce

Yet everything he said is pretty much the truth. And is being backed by many players. He was a bad coach that players hated playing for. It had nothing to do with Caldwell or wanting to be pushed, it wasn’t the hard work or cold practices. It was the way he treated and talked to his players.

3 Likes

From everything I have heard, Belichick treats his players with respect. He might be stern and make business decisions that aren’t all peachy, but he has never done any of the things that Fat Boy did here.

2 Likes