At least two OU players suspects in armed robbery

Sounds like 3 to 4 players were involved. Rumors are floating around on which ones but it sounds like a few important names in their program.

I have to wonder if it’s anyone in this draft?

I’m not sure what’s going on in Oklahoma but they’ve had a few incidents this offseason. Lincoln Riley needs to get a hold of that program before it’s too late.

It probably stems from Riley’s BBQ debacle…lol

They had this incident not long ago too.

Oh man, Jones and whoever the other guy is didn’t stand a chance. Definitely bit off more than they can chew. Those 2 MMA guys F’d them up.

The level of crime committed is why we are even hearing about it. Robbery involving a firearm is an extremely serious charge.

Incidents involving police and Student-Athletes at Universities is way more common than you’d imagine. The police have close contact with most coaches and the bar fights, dui, assaults, etc. never get into the public eye. A player is arrested, sitting in jail…the police contact the coaches first. There is always a direct line of contact. The coaches always know what happened, before the university, and many times before the parents/family.

Was a student-athlete for a division I school for 3 years, and I can speak from (cough)…personal experience.

3 Likes

I really don’t understand why people get into bar fights aside from simply wanting to fight. I’m mouthy. I’ve hit on the wrong guy’s girl a few times. Apologize and buy him a drink. It works 99.9% of the time.

2 Likes

So you’re saying… you’re slightly smarter than most stupid guys? :joy:

1 Like

I think I’ve one thing rather clear on here. I do and say very stupid things all the time. C’est la vie.

1 Like

Yep these boys are in serious trouble. Just stupid.

However I made a hint to Riley’s BBQ with the hopes that someone would run with that. I realize I probably needed to nudge that through process for those who didn’t catch what it was about.

I think we all can think of a few Lions players who should be arrested for robbing the Ford’s.

They say there is no such thing as a stupid question. I remember my wife’s cousin was pregnant, and she said she was going into the 2nd tri-mester. Racking my brain trying to think about how far along that would be, I asked “well how many tri-mesters are there?” Then the moment got awkward.

Stare Down Mark Wahlberg GIF

2 Likes

That is some funny chit right there, Wes.

1 Like

The wrestler Rick Rude used to go to a bar with his girl and sit away from her just to get in fights. He would wait until someone hit on her and then he would go kick the guy’s ass.

Steroids was his ethos