LB
CB
S
DE
Still could use depth at TE, QB, DT

Still meet to improve starters at DT. need depth AND talent

1 Like

Love it!!!

Look, if our DE spots are manned by Hutch, Harris, Bryant, and JO we are just fine…. That should be 25 sacks if the offense scores points and the DBs improve from last year.

Right now…

C Harris   Levi     McNeill    Hutch

Barnes            Anzalone

Okudah AO

Iffy
                    Walker         Elliott

I think that is our day one snap one defense….

I love that- Bryant, JO, Paschal, Romeo, Brockers, Rodriguez, Harris, Jacobs, and Joseph will have to earn every single snap….

DE- Bryant
DT- Paschal
DT- Brockers
DE- Julian O/Romeo

LB- Rodriguez
LB- J Davis/Board

CB- Jacobs
CB- Harris
CB- Hughes
S- Joseph
S- Breeze

I would say our “2nd unit” is as if not more talented that what we started most weeks last year…

1 Like

Elliot starts man. :muscle::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think Levi was the only one without a known injury history. Barely playing due to covid also made evaluation difficult. Holmes may have missed on Levi but his story isn’t written yet and he does have good upside.

2 Likes

When I read that quote I immediately thought of…

3 Likes

there’s depth and there’s Depth.

Many of the Lions’ projected starters on defense would not be projected to start for many other teams in the league. Offense is more stable with solid starters across the board and good Depth behind those starters.

1 Like

I do this routine every morning! haha

1 Like

Yea, I’m not giving up on a 2nd year kid just yet. The good news is he’s actually able to sit down in team meetings this year, so his back must be a bit better. Good luck playing football with lower back problems. Still shocking to me that they let him play in games as a rookie despite not being able to sit in a chair.

4 Likes

Something doesn’t seem right there. If the kid can’t even sit down why would you play him? They shut ragnow down so his injury didn’t effect his career. Why wouldn’t they let onwuzurike get completely healthy? That’s what I want to know.

3 Likes

It does seem very odd, especially when you consider what Crosby is saying and that they fired the head trainer during training camp last summer. Like you said, they shut Ragnow down right away. Something doesn’t add up here.

1 Like

I know we all love Brad and MCDC but there are some concerning patterns already. How many injured players have they drafted in two years? I count 4.

Four (3 in their top 50 pix)! That’s a lot of guys whose careers cannot get off to normal starts because they are already injured.

That’s Brad’s version of “smartest guy in the room” syndrome and that needs to be checked. We’re minus 3 of our top-50 pix (and our 5th round TE) because of it. Hope is great, but best ability is still availability.

I agree it’s a bit concerning but it’s much to do about nothing until it becomes a problem. Paschal is getting close to returning. He’ll likely be brought along slow. Mitchell has been practicing. And the flyer on jamo is well worth the risk. Especially with the medical advancement in acl procedures. Onwuzurike is the only troubling one to me. A back injury that’s effecting him still is not a good thing given how young he is.

3 Likes

Oh my goodness one of my all time favorite sketches! Al Franken was so good. Also the Phil Hartman voice over… almost brings tears to my eyes… such comedic talent.

This one I remember vividly, it was the same episode Charles Barkley was on with Nirvana.

2 Likes

Haha don’t forget Barkley vs Barney!

2 Likes

Sir Charles is on my top five list of people I would love to meet.

2 Likes

Bryant tore it up at scrimmage

2 Likes

Lololol what the heck was that?!

Very cool. And Charles Barkley is one of my favorite people or personalities… he actually reminds me of nirvana. And is it weird to say that Dan Campbell in a strange way reminds me of Kurt cobain? Different people but the values, the personality… I dunno. I see a weird correlation between Barkley, Cobain and Campbell.

Campbell even responds and speaks like cobain in some ways. Barkley too… it might just be me but all being generation x I do see some similarities in their personalities

1 Like

If he can stay healthy he’s gonna make the team at least to start… same with Cephus. Staying healthy is the key.

Have you been licking toads with Natty recently!? haha

I think Campbell is more of a Metallica fan!

Episode 1 GIF by The Simpsons

2 Likes

Lol… no… and I’m not a huge Metallica fan. But I just see similarities. Especially when they are being honest, but also when they are joking around.

Nirvana was my band growing up but you listen to interviews with them and then listen to Campbell interviews, in a weird way I think they are cut from the same cloth. I don’t know how to explain it… but I get a bit of a Kurt cobain vibe from Dan campbell

1 Like