Backup QB - Matt Corrall (Deserves its own thread)

This is a must make move IMO. Get our talented developmental QB now for a day 3 pick so we don’t have to sweat it out come draft day.

Also, it’s not guaranteed we can get a guy like Heinicke, Minshew, or Darnold. And if we get Corrall it doesn’t stop us from giving one of those guys a 1-2 year deal.

Get it done

1 Like

Are they shopping him? I thought they were really high on him and would keep him over trading for a late round pick.

2 Likes

SHopping him for cheap too. They are going to develop the #1 overall pick and go with a veteran

1 Like

I admit, I was one of the guys hoping we landed Corral with the 32nd pick last year. I am a fan for sure!

1 Like

He was a 5th round pick last year… cheap would be a 7th. I would give that.

2 Likes

He was a 3rd round pick. Pantehrs gave up a 2022 5th and 2023 3rd to go up and get him in the 3rd round.

We get him for a 5th or 6th it’s a steal

1 Like

My bad. I had him confused .

1 Like

No worries brotha, just a guy I’m real high on and fits perfectly for what we need

My worry is that they wouldnt trade him if they believed in his upside. So i look at him as a backup.

He is an ideal backup though. Can make plays with his legs. Those kind of QBs can keep you in it for a stretch. But I do think he has potential to be a long term option also. He has the attitude I like from a quarterback.

4 Likes

A little more slender Jalen Hurts

1 Like

How interested were the Lions in Corrall coming out last year? It has been a while so I can’t remember if they were or not.

1 Like

I believe he is the type Dan likes. I would be surprised if the Lions didn’t at least check in.

1 Like

I wanted to draft the kid, I like his talent, play style oddly reminded me of Hurts as well.

1 Like

I would throw a 2024 5th for him……I think he could learn from Goff and potentially be a longer term answer (even if only a LT backup)

Give us a Corrall for a 2024 6th and we will allow you to sign DJ Chark

Sounds like a good deal, the only reservation I have is failing the Wonderlic, :laughing:. 15 is basically Celebrity Jeopardy territory. :laughing:

I wasn’t a huge fan honestly. Smallish RPO QB, that stuff won’t fly in the bigs. But if he’s free, I could see it.

If he was just an RPO QB, I would be out also

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.