Backup QB

I typically like your posts. Well thought, and often funny.

How can a position that is unlikely to play at all impacting your views?

You realize the Rams, Bucs, Chiefs, Chargers, Cardinals, Cowboys, Broncos, Packers, Vikes, Raiders, etc have close to zero chance if their starters miss 5 games right?

Question- DO THE STEELERS HAVE THE BEST BACKUP IN THE NFL? I ONLY ASK BECAUSE THEY SPENT A 1ST ROUNDER ON HIM…. AND I STILL BELIEVE HE WOULD ONLY WIN 6-7 GAMES TOPS IN A FULL SEASON…

Foles, Minshew, Dalton, Brisset, Bridgewater those are considered the best in the game…

Brissett, Minshew, Foles, and Dalton are 34- 64 over their last 86 starts… would they really make a difference if we had one and he went 2-4… how does that change our season? Our 2023? Our draft pick?

Boyle is the better athlete but what’s with that 10 yard split time? That’s very odd.

Time to audition Kap?

Its almost like they should have taken a developmental guy late in the draft.

Because, these two guys are not developing.

1 Like

Exactly.

It’s not about winning games this year with a backup.

It’s about NFL level talent that can be developed.

Holmes has failed to recognize how bad Blough and Boyle are.

Brunell deserves some criticism as well.

Why do we address our back up QB like a backed up toilet? Seems to be a back burner issue throughout this latest regime. One of my only beefs here…

Just saw this…
I don’t know a lot about Eason, but, it would be hard to imagine worse than we have endured with Clumsey and Off.

.500 is better than .000.

When Blough played i had some small feelings we might have few good plays an maybe score.

Then Boyle played i just sat an waited for them to punt . I have zero confidence in him an i watched team the OL I think feels the same way.

Heinicke would be perfect but I don’t see him getting cut. There is some talk that Ian Book may get cut. He’d basically be Blough plus but he’a definitely got way more juice as a scrambler. Kellen Mond may get cut by the Vikes. Tools for days but a long ways from putting it together.

This pretty much my feelings as well.

yup

Whaaaat??? Are you French now?

…maybe a third rounder. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m suggesting cutting 2 and putting 1 on PS. It’s not like anyone is going to sign these guys. Elevate one each week (for the first few).

3 Likes

Let me clarify my post. Goff wasn’t going to play yesterday, it was our backups. Teams have been hitting the OVER in betting this week. For instance I took the OVER in the Jets/Giants game and won. I had confidence in the Lions overall as a team, but bet the UNDER because I knew Boyle and Blough wouldn’t be able to score many points. It was easy money because of what we know about our backup QBs.

I think you are reading too much into it. Particularly since I agree with the posters who have said its a good thing that our backups suck because it means an earlier draft pick if they ever have to play.

I think the rumored Rudolph trade is still incoming. I don’t see any benefit to the Steelers keeping him.

Based off of what I saw in the game yesterday, that really doesn’t move the needle much for me. He did not look like he was much better then the B and B. Of course maybe a new team is all that he needs to get his head on straight, but that decision is above my pay grade.

1 Like

I don’t see much of a point in trading for Rudolf when they are second on waiver priority. He’s not good enough to fear kissing out on.

I think he probably thought you meant you bet the under for the season rather than on that particular game. That’s what I assumed myself anyway, until I read this response.

1 Like

uh I already knew about our backups…they belong in a baby’s diaper.