Bad news regarding the Rams pick

The Bills beating the Patriots last night must have somehow dipped the Broncos SOS from 0.492 to 0.489, and with the Rams’ currently sitting at 0.490, this means the Broncos are now winning the tiebreaker with the Rams. We now have the number 4 pick from the Rams and the Seahawks are getting the number 3 pick from the Broncos.

Once the Bears have their bye week they will fall behind both of these teams, but the Rams-Broncos game on Christmas could decide whether or not we get Will Anderson. Might even be thread/watch party worthy.

4 Likes

Rams play the Broncos. If LA loses out we’d pick #2.

9 Likes

My fear is that I’m not sure this version of Russ can beat the Rams.

3 Likes

If Stafford isn’t playing though the Broncos defense is actually pretty good, and they’re probably shutting out the Rams.

We just need Hackett and Wilson to score probably 10 points and we should be good.

3 Likes

Not really an issue. The Broncos and Rams play each other on Christmas Day.

By then, after losing to Seattle, the Raiders, and the Packers on the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field, the 3-11 Rams won’t have much motivation left.

3 Likes

I wonder if Denver would even consider benching him.

Rams are beyond bad without Staff, literally only 1 receiver they started the season with, no starting caliber RBs, and likely without Aaron Donald. My guess is they don’t play Wagner, either.

I don’t care who they play. They’ll lose.

5 Likes

Well if so then we pick #2.

I think most of the top 10 teams in the draft will win one more random game. I think people need to set themselves up with the expectation that a top 10 pick is amazing. This hope for number 2 or number 3 or bust is setting yourself up to be disappointed

11 Likes

Not with all the guaranteed cash on his new deal.

1 Like

I am still having a hard time believing that the Lions actually got lucky on something. I feel like it happens maybe once every 5-10 years.

For instance, having the Raiders take Jamarcus Russell, and we get Calvin. And now, we made a trade with a consistent playoff team that won the super bowl like 10 months ago. And the pick is probably a top 5 selection.

It’s stupidly good luck. I love it, and am suspicious of it. Things like this don’t usually happen to us…

2 Likes

I dont think there is a Darko/Mandarich kind of outcome here. Not worried. Pretty sure we will get Anderson.

3 Likes

Russell Wilson and Fields are not going to volunteer to sit so that the teams can get a better shot at picking up their replacement.

Yeah in no way would Russell accept a benching especially considering 1. The Bronco’s don’t own the pick Seattle does. And 2. The entire coaching staff in Denver are likely playing for their jobs so you can expect them to be playing for the win at all cost.

5 Likes

And the Rams will be on a short week after having played the Packers in Green Bay the week before. The Broncos are playing at home against the Cardinals the week before.

1 Like

Stafford and Donald are out. That won’t last long.

1 Like

We are playing with house money.

No one here thought the Rams pick would be top 20 …let alone a top 5 pick!

Can there really be “bad news” with an unexpected top 5 pick?

13 Likes

Exactly.
I’m feeling this pick somehow turns into Carter…directly or though trade.

3 Likes

And probably in no hurry to return either.

1 Like

Top 5? Pessimist.

I’m thinking No. 2 or 3 overall.

5 Likes