Badgley returns

5 Likes

He wasn’t too bad. He deserves a shot even if they draft a rookie.

9 Likes

We banked Da Money Badger!!

3 Likes

Yea, my thoughts exactly. He had a sneaky good season in 2023. Hopefully it’s a short prove it type deal. He was 24 for 28 on fields goals with a long of 53 yards and made all 33 extra points.

4 Likes

I doubt it is much more than the minimum. Does not preclude us in any way from finding an upgrade.

2 Likes

Have you been spending time with Den Board McFly in his DeLorean again? Pumped about the upcoming season for Badgley!

Back To The Future GIF

Good catch!! I’ve been to the future and he was very good!! Stay tuned!

2 Likes

Wouldn’t mind some more details here…inbox me because we can make some money. Don’t be selfish!

1 Like

Think game winning playoff kicks! Bet heavy now… :wink:

3 Likes

need to draft Moody…Tired of the lions rotating kickers

Moody was at 83% last year for Mich, Badgley was at 86% last season.

Moody may very well be a better nfl player, just think that’s worth noting. Moody was also only 3 of 7 beyond 50 yards. Moody’s 2021 season was very good though, over 90% on field goals.

3 Likes

What if the Lions don’t care about 50 plus yard field goals? What If that is aggressive territory and they care more about the 40-25 yard field goals where he is MONEY?

1 Like

honey badger dancing GIF

2 Likes

I see this & feel this.
My only philosophical difference is game winners. Sometimes the clock is your enemy & you xon’t always have time to get that close.

One thing I promise you → I buy into what Bradley & Daniel are selling.

3 Likes

Tell me what does he have to do to be a up grade. He made every extra point an missed 4 FGs an I can recall a couple of the misses were like impossible to make at half time but why not take a shot.
I just have a problem with some fans wanting a up grade . His only weakness is distance .

I am not against looking for better that should happen in all positions but fans tend to over react the guy did a good job coming in late.

So Badgley then! He’s money mid range too, distance is his issue.

Curious about his contract details though, that will be telling how much the Lions trust him or not!

1 Like

Great deal, vet min contract . . . basically owe him an additional $200K if he doesn’t make 53 man, but will get it back in year end adjustments when NFL reconciles year end, if he plays 3 games for another team.

2 Likes

So he is easily replaced if he loses a kicking competition.

3 Likes

If that was the case I’d be extremely disappointed. With a better kicker, we likely win the first Minnesota game and make the playoffs. Hell, who knows what kind of impact that win would have made, maybe it would’ve sent the Vikings spiraling and we win the division.

You can play a million what it’s, but it seems every season there is at least 1 game we will play that we need a 50+ yard FG to tie or win.

I’d rather have a kicker that misses a couple easy ones, but is clutch and can kick 50+ with ease.

If you want every kick from Badgley last year, he had quite a few ugly males as well. Really think we will regret it if he is our starting kicker next year.

Brett Maher was one of the best kickers in the NFL last year. That weird playoff game that he missed all those extra points have torpedoed his value, but I would take him in a second.

Pentecostal Honey Badger approves!