Banging the table for Kyle Pitts

It’s hard not to like him as a player but I’m not a fan at 7OA if there are WR’s like Smith, Chase and Waddle on the board. At least for the Lions anyway.

But some have suggested we trade up to 4OA for him. I’d be disappointed if we drafted him at 7OA but I’d probably lose it if we traded up to take him.

What? … he pulled a gun on himself. Serious character flaw that guy has. He’s just too risky.

On a serious note this is why I don’t think MIA’s target at 6OA is Pitts.

They have a young TE who just came off a 700 yard season. It’s pretty hard to justify resigning him if you have Pitts on your roster too. Doesn’t make sense to me. I think MIA is targeting Sewell, Parsons or a WR.

1 Like

we need Defense not pass Catchers

I think we need both. Our receiving group sucks as a whole. We need two WR’s minimum.

How many games ya think we win scoring 6 points?

I say we just say “F” it and draft Pitts. Then we run nothing but 2 TE, 3 back sets, with Cephus hanging out by the sideline.

Plenty of kneecaps would be bitten in all those scrums.

1 Like

true story… and good thing the draft is 7 rounds, and the Lions have 4 picks in the top 3 rounds.

I’m kinda thinking we might take two WR’s and 2 DB’s from this draft to.

Right now we have 6 picks and I think we might add another pick or two. Let’s assume we end up with 6-7 picks in the draft for arguments sake.

I could see us spending 4-5 picks on the following.

WR - In the first 3 rounds and then again in round 5-6.
S - Probably in rounds 2-5. I think we could take a second one as well.
CB - I think we will add a slot CB in the mid rounds.

That leaves us with 1-3 picks to spend elsewhere and I think we want a LBer and RT as well.

That’s kinda how I see it going.

Best legitimate argument against taking pitts I’ve seen here. It’s evolving into a more important position over time but I cannot disagree with this analysis.

Wouldn’t mind it for the lolz on the board due to irrelevant factors in winning like our legacy of taking tight ends. I think we’d be just fine having pitts, take note of how NE used their two beasts and integrate creative schemes for ourselves. That’s what Miami is expected to do and I’m not sure of anyone criticizing their F.O. right now. Still, as your post effectively states there will be better projected options available.

Shahid Khan has been banging the Tabla for Trevor Lawrence.

Best Billionaire moustache btw

That’s literally what some poeple on the board have been saying the entire time.

Ron Jeremy lookalike.

2 Likes

So true, err I mean I have no idea what you are talking about

1 Like
  • The Athletic’s Nick Baumgardner and Chris Burke said T.J. Hockensen can continue to be a central part of the Detroit offense even if the team drafts Florida’s Kyle Pitts.

Burke and Baumgardner believe the Lions taking Pitts with the No. 7 pick in the upcoming NFL Draft would “allow Hockenson to get back to what he does best: play with his hand on the ground.” Baumgardner described Hockensen, 23, as “elite” as both a pass catcher and a run blocker playing with his hand on the ground at Iowa, where he caught 49 balls for 760 yards and six touchdowns as a sophomore in 2018. “To those who think a Pitts selection would hurt Hockenson or the Lions’ offense in general, I’d argue to the contrary in both areas,” he added. Burke said “a Pitts-Hockenson combination … wouldn’t require some drastic, desperate overhaul of the offense.” Burke and Baumgardner conceded that Pitts’ presence would strip Hockensen of some of the opportunity he had in 2020, when he was second on the team with 101 targets. Pitts, an athletic marvel, could be used as an outside receiver and a slot guy in Detroit’s offense – a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses. The question, of course, is how Pitts and Hockensen would be affected by Jared Goff as the team’s Week 1 starter.

RELATED:

SOURCE: The Athletic

Apr 9, 2021, 9:22 AM ET

1 Like

I’m okay with Pitts. I get that he’s the biggest Unicorn in the draft.

Plus Jerry Jones is ‘infatuated’ with Kyle Pitts…a trade down to 10 might not be all that bad if we could squeeze the Cowboys for an extra pick or two.

2 Likes

Dallas Cowboys 2021 Draft Picks

Round 1: No. 10 overall
Round 2: No. 44
Round 3: No. 75, No. 99
Round 4: No. 115, No. 138
Round 5: No. 179
Round 6: No. 192 (from Lions), No. 227
Round 7: No. 238

Nos. 7 & 72 for Nos.10 & 44?

Done deal. Still likely to get Waddle, Smith, Parsons, or Sewell at that point.

1 Like

No need to include 72.

Make your desires known, pay the piper. Jerry will gladly pay up.

What tends to happen at draft time over recent years is Jerry says some stuff, the media speculates a bunch of other stuff…but in the end the Cowboys don’t do anything crazy.

Personally I think this is a terrible take.

You move TJ to blocking TE and Pitts to the slot. Basically your negating TJ’s receiving skills because he would be kept home to block more often.

That’s like buying a Lamborghini so that you can make your Ferrari your daily driver.

2 Likes